• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan robbed 20 runs there. I guess 140 above is better then 140 deficit I back Pakistan to chase anything around 180 so we need to bowl England around 300.

Come on Pakistan!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lol. Apparently because Hot Spot wasn't available for Ajmal's review Pakistan still have a review remaining.

It gets worse. Surely it's a review whether Hot Spot's there or not?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The cricinfo commentary is so blatantly biased :laugh:

Atleast the TV commentators pretend to be neutral. These guys don't even do that.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So he was given out because there was insufficient evidence to prove that it wasnt out

How about the fact that there was **** all evidence to suggest that it was

Just another area where the DRS laws need overhauling

dfx-

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Trust me, you're preaching to the choir here, but I imagine it will be dragged up as evidence of why DRS sux in the future.
So it should, it should (and will) be played in any discussion on the system, a big huge neon sign attached to it.

What's the point of using technology if it still depends on an idiot or idiotic interpretation or idiotic bias to the umpire. Whatever inconclusive evidence of what the ball did it (maybe it hit the backside of a leprechaun's pet unicorn), it didn't hit the bat..

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
going the way he was batting he looked good for another 8-10 runs to his score its all hypothetical ofcourse.

Spark

Global Moderator
So it should, it should (and will) be played in any discussion on the system, a big huge neon sign attached to it.

What's the point of using tehnology if it still depends on an idiot or idiotic interpretation. Whatever inconclusive evidence of what the ball did it (maybe it hit the backside of a leprechaun's pet unicorn), it didn't hit the bat..
Do you suggest we invent a supercomputer to spit out "out"/"not out"? Someone still has to look at the replays ffs.

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
So he was given out because there was insufficient evidence to prove that it wasnt out

How about the fact that there was **** all evidence to suggest that it was

Just another area where the DRS laws need overhauling
Nah, I don't think the rules are to blame. The more 'human judgement' you bring into it, the more inconsistent the decisions will get. I will let you come up with your own scenarios.

(in this case, 'human judgement' would have worked -- but in other cases, who knows? And that's why the rules are the way they are)

What is needed is better technology: get some wider angle hotspot cams and/or a hot-spot stump cam. I'm sure the technology exists.

Last edited: