• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

slowfinger

International Debutant
Hmm I hate relying on Ajmal to take wickets, need the quickies to show some balls.... Reckon we might do a Pakistan and let England get the lead without losing a wicket but hey ho, if we want it we might get it! Would love to see KP hit a 50 tbf...:laugh::ph34r:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
If Umar Gul is going to bowl at 130.. I think its time for Pakistan to rethink whether he should be an automatic selection in the test team.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The entire English pace bowling attack bowled at 130 for the whole of yesterday
and swung much more than him and got more wickets.

Gul cant swing the new ball, nor can he take wickets.

Either you swing the ball, or you bowl at 145.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
7/55 against a better lineup says otherwise

Swann was persistent without being terribly threatening - nothing more, nothing less
Well if you are just going to compare two individual performances, then obviously 7 wickets > 4 wickets. However I was not comparing and was just talking about the performance on its own. I think 4 wickets for 100 on a 2nd day pitch, defending 191 is a pretty good effort.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
and swung much more than him and got more wickets.

Gul cant swing the new ball, nor can he take wickets.
Then you should've brought that up, instead of saying he bowls at 130..I was merely pointing out that it's possible to bowl well even at that pace.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Then you should've brought that up, instead of saying he bowls at 130..I was merely pointing out that it's possible to bowl well even at that pace.
Nah the Pakistan team should always consist only of fast bowlers who can bowl 145km+ and batsmen who always strike at least 60 runs per 100 balls. If the bowlers end up averaging 40 and the batsmen average 28 that's okay because they all have potential. Far better than actually having successful cricketers in the side.

Not that I actually think Gul is much good, mind you.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Well its a given that he can't swing the new ball..which is acceptable if he could bowl at 145 which he used to do.

Now he appears to be a medium pacer, who can't swing and is lacking in confidence.

Briony

International Debutant
Well its a given that he can't swing the new ball..which is acceptable if he could bowl at 145 which he used to do.

Now he appears to be a medium pacer, who can't swing and is lacking in confidence.
Top class batsmen won't be worried about 140ks not swinging. Surely if he needs to bowl faster or swing it should be more like 150.