• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The English are also historically (last few decades at least) rather rank against spin bowling for some reason. Wonder why.
For whatever reason I was looking at the 2005 Ashes scorecards the other day, and I'll never understand why we played tait over macgill. never. there's just. nope. never ever.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, England still perfectly capable of scoring 400 themselves and defending 150-200 against Pakistan. This is Test cricket, scores are volatile if there's something in the pitch even when Australia aren't batting.
Has the pitch in the UAE become a mine field? I haven't seen the game tbf but everyone keeps saying they're missing straight breaks. They should be used to facing them tbh.

smash84

The Tiger King
Gul has looked totally toothless this innings.....doesn't even look like he will take a wicket.....

maybe Cheema can be retained next match and Umar Bull kicked out

Howe_zat

Audio File
Prior top scoring isn't embarrassing or even surprising from my perspective. I honestly think he's the second best player of spin in the side after Bell.
It was more a realisation of Swann having overtaken everyone except the batsman he's with in about half an hour.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I think Gul temporarily forgot about the outside leg LBW rule. Can easily happen to a fast bowler in the heat of the moment :p

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has the pitch in the UAE become a mine field? I haven't seen the game tbf but everyone keeps saying they're missing straight breaks. They should be used to facing them tbh.
People are ALWAYS saying pitches in the UAE are like roads. I'm not watching either but people have this fascination with writing the game off as a draw and so on, particularly in the UAE. The scorecards generally tell a different story. Before the match the draw was evens, which is ridiculous given the bowling attacks.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah deadset this is a road. Apart from one ball, none of the pacers have moved it off the straight. It's barely turned. There's no inconsistent bounce and no high bounce at all. If that doesn't make a road, I don't know what does.

England have just batted... so badly. So, so badly.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Has to be. Didn't hit him in line with the stumps, pitched about a foot outside leg and was probably going over the top.
Tbf nothing ever seems to go over the top on these pitches. The bounce (or lack off, more accurately) has been the chief destroyer today, and is what the England batsmen have to make the biggest adjustments for.

Last edited: