• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, but not everyone can do that or is that nimble footed. The English resort to cross batted shots and sweeps more than any other country traditionally, for some reason.
Yes and that's why they're not very good!

Learning how to bat properly is much better tactic than trying to just sweep everything, as we're seeing here.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Relieved to still see us 7 down. Honestly think we're in this game whatever we get out for now because I can see us batting much better in the 2nd dig.
Bold call mate. If you go out for say 200 and Pakistan somehow put up 400-450, you're out of the game, surely?

Yeah, but not everyone can do that or is that nimble footed. The English resort to cross batted shots and sweeps more than any other country traditionally, for some reason.
Because they're a leaden-footed race who don't do much exercise, tbh.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The English are also historically (last few decades at least) rather rank against spin bowling for some reason. Wonder why.
Yes and that's why they're not very good!

Learning how to bat properly is much better tactic than trying to just sweep everything, as we're seeing here.
Not disagreeing. :p

Only a very few have been successful with the sweep as main weapon of attack technique.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Interesting little tidbit....

Code:
                          100s     50s
Younis Khan               19       25
Kevin Pietersen           19       25
Andrew Strauss            19       25
Alistair Cook             19       26

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bold call mate. If you go out for say 200 and Pakistan somehow put up 400-450, you're out of the game, surely?
Yeah I'm accounting for faith in our bowlers as well with that statement tbh, obviously if do concede a huge lead it's all uphill from there.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I must be used to the cheerleading channel 9 commentators, because I'm finding the commentary for this pretty snoozeworthy. The lack of crowd is making it seem like more of a park match.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I must be used to the cheerleading channel 9 commentators, because I'm finding the commentary for this pretty snoozeworthy. The lack of crowd is making it seem like more of a park match.
Holy ****, came here to say the exact same thing.

So boring.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Because they're a leaden-footed race who don't do much exercise, tbh.
Not really, England conceded a 200+ lead in Brisbane after all. Plus we don't know how long Pakistan might take to put up a big total.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, England still perfectly capable of scoring 400 themselves and defending 150-200 against Pakistan. This is Test cricket, scores are volatile if there's something in the pitch even when Australia aren't batting.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
The English are also historically (last few decades at least) rather rank against spin bowling for some reason. Wonder why.
Only 3 players of the past decade for England that were a good cp against spin were Collingwood, Thorpe and Vaughan imo.