• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

Himannv

International Coach
I don't agree with all those saying Samaraweera should be brought back in, this has never been his format imo.

Lostman

State Captain
This ODI team needs a complete overhaul, it was obvious after the WC was the best time to do a complete change ala 99.

This is what happens when the board is so incompetent. New selection panels, new ministers, new board presidents every other month. No long term vision/planning, just headless chickens running around in circles.

Migara

International Coach
No point in bringing Samaraweera back. He is a wonderful test batsman and that ends right there. SL need to get rid of non performers. This 43 a/o is an anomaly, I would like to think. But Having Tharanga opening is a non-starter. We need a classical correct batsman to partner Dilshan, not a ***y edge player. Sanga is the ideal, but MJ is better suited there. Playing F'do in ODIs another mistake. And hell, why SL is not playing to their strengths by bowling two spinners? SL spinners are always better than their crappy seamers.

I would have loved to see this team playing.

MJ, Dilshan, Sanga, Chandimal, Mathews, Warnapura, Randiv, N. Kulasekara, Prasad, Malinga, A. Mendis / Senanayake

Himannv

International Coach
Dropping all openers by the name of Tharanga are bound be positive moves and allows Mahela to play in his best position in LOIs. Definitely agree that its the sort of move that should happen. I don't think a whole team overhaul is necessary. Those sort of things are always better when done gradually.

Lostman

State Captain
I would have loved to see this team playing.

MJ, Dilshan, Sanga, Chandimal, Mathews, Warnapura, Randiv, N. Kulasekara, Prasad, Malinga, A. Mendis / Senanayake
A bit short on the batting side. Randiv is a #8 at best.
Don't really care much for N.Kulasekara either, when you take away his numbers against the minnows in the last 2-3 years his numbers are horrible.

And I don't understand the logic of Sanga continuing to keep in ODI's. If Chandimal is a test standard keeper, there is no reason he shouldn't be keeping in ODI's.

Migara

International Coach
Randiv has a lot of batting potential IMO, better than hyphed guys of Duleep Mendis like his nephew Jeewan. Randiv has batted SL out of two or three **** holes in his very short career. Should be used as an all rounder IMO. And he does use the long handle too.

Lostman

State Captain
I don't think a whole team overhaul is necessary. Those sort of things are always better when done gradually.
The problem is no gradual changes are being made, same team, same players recycled over and over.
Since the WC, I see no positives in the SL ODI team.

SeamUp

International Coach
Whats happened to that LHB who captained SRL at the last u19 WC, I think his name was Rajapakse? He looked real elegant...scoring any runs domestically?

Himannv

International Coach
Whats happened to that LHB who captained SRL at the last u19 WC, I think his name was Rajapakse? He looked real elegant...scoring any runs domestically?
Banuka Rajapakse. Personally wouldn't mind seeing him getting a call up. He's been the best talent of his age group and when he's in form he dominates attacks. He has consistency issues though.

Himannv

International Coach
The problem is no gradual changes are being made, same team, same players recycled over and over.
Since the WC, I see no positives in the SL ODI team.
I think they've tried a lot of players since the WC but its mostly been trial and error so far, seemingly without any proper plan.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, he was awesome. Think he toured England last year with Sri Lanka A.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Morkel was brillant in the opening game. Next game we'll see figures of 0/60 off 8 overs from him.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Not really. He'll get wickets, he's one of those bowlers who can be completely out of form, but still pop in a jaffa out of nowhere. 3/60 is possible