• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

Heboric

International Debutant
Well done Proteas great game to be at the ground for.

First double hundred I have seen while being at the ground

Hmm I see Dane Vilas made 187 today, I wonder if that will push him up the pecking order

Last edited:

Lostman

State Captain
As for the other side of the coin:

- Dilshan is obviously not suitable for the captaincy. New captain please.
- Mahela didn't get enough runs.

- Kaushal Silva didn't make the most of his chances
- Still missing a standout bowler or two.
Mahela hasn't scored any runs for the last 2 years, so then who is left for captaincy?:unsure:

agent87

Cricket Spectator
Yeah I like Thirimanne as well but I don't think he's a better batsman right now than Prasanna and Prasanna's definitely a better keeper than Chandimal. I also think, perhaps somehow controversially, that Mathews would be a better opener than he is a #6.

So I'd be looking at:

1 Mathews
2 Dilshan
3 Sangakkara
4 Jayawardene
5 Samaraweera
6 Chandimal
7 Jayawardene
Guys you all have forgotten 26 year old Upul Tharanga. He's been poor classified as an ODI batsman when his style of play seems best suited for test cricket.

Himannv

International Coach
He might pull a muscle in his hand while flipping the coin.:p
Well there is that risk.

Guys you all have forgotten 26 year old Upul Tharanga. He's been poor classified as an ODI batsman when his style of play seems best suited for test cricket.
I'm a bit allergic to people named Tharanga who play cricket. If he gets named in the test side I would probably throw something (PEWS reference).

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Last edited:

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Well done Proteas great game to be at the ground for.

First double hundred I have seen while being at the ground

Hmm I see Dane Vilas made 187 today, I wonder if that will push him up the pecking order
There's only 1 guy in the pecking order of proteas wicket keepers. :clown:

Briony

International Debutant
Quite happy tbh.
Won a test in the post-murali era, and won a test in SA.
Yes fair enough but you've got to aim higher than that, you need to follow up good performances with at least competitive ones.

As for winning a test in SA, every team which visits Durban beats the home team in recent times.:)

SeamUp

International Coach
Feel for Dean Elgar. He has injured his knee and it could be ligament damage and may need surgery. Work all your life for this opportunity and this happens.

Albie Morkel is his replacement.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Feel for Dean Elgar. He has injured his knee and it could be ligament damage and may need surgery. Work all your life for this opportunity and this happens.

Ouch. I "saw" that injury on a scorecard; he came on to bowl an over and after five balls he'd travelled for something like 14 runs and was injured. Didn't bat in the second innings and now he's missed out on his international debut because of it. He'll be ruing the decision to ask MVW for a bowl...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

:(

Kinda like Pujara, missed four series where he could have made his mark and now a couple of guys have got ahead of him.

Both will definitely feature in their respective country's XIs sooner rather than later though.

Himannv

International Coach
Yes fair enough but you've got to aim higher than that, you need to follow up good performances with at least competitive ones.
Agree that we've got to aim high but at this point its the cricketing equivalent of searching the beach for a few coins and finding a slab of gold bullion instead.

Before the series started, I figured we'd be whitewashed and lose every test by an innings. Winning a test in SA (something we've never done) and showing some sort of fight with the bat and ball was an unexpected bonus and there were actually a fair number of positives to take out of the performances.