• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
I think the Morkel problem will show us how serious Kirsten and the selectors really are about taking this team forward... vs being conservative and accepting any present mediocrity in the hope that things will just improve on their own

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Morkel just bowls too short. Back of a length hasn't really cut it in tests ever since every batsman and his dog started playing the cut shot well. I think he's better than De Lange, though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Morkel should probably be better than he actually is and I've always rated him lower than most but he's still pretty much without question one of the best fifteen bowlers in the world, so just chill, guys. If De Lange puts some serious pressure on him by actually, you know, performing in franchise cricket, then we'll talk.

Briony

International Debutant
Actually it's probably easy to ton up in a follow-on situation when the bowler tire a bit but it's a might fine effort and especially when one has been left out of the original touring party.

Himannv

International Coach
Yeah I like Thirimanne as well but I don't think he's a better batsman right now than Prasanna and Prasanna's definitely a better keeper than Chandimal. I also think, perhaps somehow controversially, that Mathews would be a better opener than he is a #6.

So I'd be looking at:

1 Mathews
2 Dilshan
3 Sangakkara
4 Jayawardene
5 Samaraweera
6 Chandimal
7 Jayawardene
I quite like the look of that. Very solid batting lineup.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Morkel just bowls too short. Back of a length hasn't really cut it in tests ever since every batsman and his dog started playing the cut shot well. I think he's better than De Lange, though.
Agree with the first bit. But in that case why is he better than De Lange who looked a similar pace but more accurate and some kind of X factor as well - who the hell gets 7 wickets from nowhere

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Agree with the first bit. But in that case why is he better than De Lange who looked a similar pace but more accurate and some kind of X factor as well - who the hell gets 7 wickets from nowhere
Because if you judged Morkel completely based on one random game that happened to be his best ever, he'd look ****ing good as well.

Briony

International Debutant
de Lange's 21 which is a huge plus for him and in comparison with some of the other bowlers he's vying with. Australia really rated him after the tour match.