• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Ruckus

International Captain
Has Hilf tried bowling really wide on the crease against Gambhir yet?

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
gautham looks like he has had enough out there, wants to come back to the comfort of the pavilion...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Going at 1.4 over the past ten overs?

Runs aren't important specifically but they should be rotating the strike more, especially with a lefty/righty combination.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
depends on what you define as funny, no one will hear the end of it for the next 5 years...and it would certainly cement clarke's reputation as a bit of an arsehole...:D
Outrage would be worth it.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't mind this bowling. Hilfenhaus and Siddle have been on the mark for quite some time now. Pressure cricket in an era that batsman need to feel the bat on ball.

As I type this Gambhir loses his nerve.
This is where I really, really rate Clarke's captaincy. Has a backup plan for flat decks that he can use to choke rather than blast the batsman. CF Dhoni who just couldn't ever shut off the runs.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh please don't tell me they're playing for stumps here. I hope it's just good consistent bowling that's stopped the run flow and nothing else.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Oh please don't tell me they're playing for stumps here. I hope it's just good consistent bowling that's stopped the run flow and nothing else.
Well the bowling's been really good but partly because they've been allowed to bowl at one guy the whole over. Bit of a chicken and egg thing but I reckon they could ease a lot of pressure by just rotating the strike once or twice an over and forcing the bowler to keep changing his bowling based on lefty/righty combination that they have. You can't really let a guy bowling well bowl six balls in a row over and over. Eventually he'll get it perfect and you'll be gone.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
This is where I really, really rate Clarke's captaincy. Has a backup plan for flat decks that he can use to choke rather than blast the batsman. CF Dhoni who just couldn't ever shut off the runs.
Helps when you have the bowlers to implement the tactic.

Again, play and miss. I'll be happy if we bowl like this all day. An extra slip is needed as I'm worried one of these will go through the gap.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
and now sachin gets into the act...they are asking for it here...keeping the bowlers' hopes and spirits up...

Burgey

Harsha back in the ABC box.

Tell us about that time you said to Tendulkar......

Mind you, after the chilli episode he's doing well to be speaking at all.

Think Hilf has taken a lot of wickets this series with the one that comes back in. Don't think we saw it all last summer.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the bowling's been really good but partly because they've been allowed to bowl at one guy the whole over. Bit of a chicken and egg thing but I reckon they could ease a lot of pressure by just rotating the strike once or twice an over and forcing the bowler to keep changing his bowling based on lefty/righty combination that they have. You can't really let a guy bowling well bowl six balls in a row over and over. Eventually he'll get it perfect and you'll be gone.
Yeah I know, and I don't like it, especially Tendulkar. Hate it when he gets in a shell like that, he's not a defensive player by nature, which is why he often gets out when he's playing for time.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
this is ridiculous...now someone will lose their patience and chase the wrong ball and that will be it...

Burgey

I don't know they are specifically playing for stumps. There's a few doing enough off the deck that they're not risking it outside off.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know they are specifically playing for stumps. There's a few doing enough off the deck that they're not risking it outside off.
for 7 consecutive maidens? Not too sure about that. Credit to Sach and GG if they actually manage to remain not out despite not scoring though.

Doctor

School Boy/Girl Captain
The last ten overs have yielded just six runs, amongst seven consecutive maidens, and a wicket.

EDIT: Well, now that's four runs in the last ten overs, with eight maidens. No wickets though.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Spot on. Anyone having a go at the Indian batsmen right now has NFI. Near every ball has been on the spot the last half hour. If you want the batsmen playing shots at this stuff it will only result in a wicket.