• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
you guys are too ****in spoiled. The way Hilf, Siddle and Johnson are abused it seems they are useless buggers eventhough their career records are as good as any current fast bowler barring Steyn.
well see it's sorta like mohammad sami. yeah the average of 52 is already bad. but actually seeing him play.......

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah but at his age that's not enough unfortunately, I'd give him till the end of the England series later this year. Probably even less if he's not scoring too many runs from here on in.
4 centuries and 3 half centuries since the England series started. Surely other guys more at risk?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL Ganguly.. awesome commentary. Good to see an unbiased commentator commenting, hopefully he doesn't get ruined by the others around him.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
4 centuries and 3 half centuries since the England series started. Surely other guys more at risk?
Laxman's probably at more risk, but other than that nope, he's also the oldest at 38 (turning 39 this year) so not much time left for him unless he keeps scoring. He's dropped a ton of catches too of late.

HeathDavisSpeed

Laxman's probably at more risk, but other than that nope, he's also the oldest at 38 (turning 39 this year) so not much time left for him unless he keeps scoring. He's dropped a ton of catches too of late.
True about the catches and I'd agree with you if he stops scoring runs, but Laxman definitely more at risk. Gambhir and Kohli more at risk too - at least before this knock from Gambhir IMO.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
True about the catches and I'd agree with you if he stops scoring runs, but Laxman definitely more at risk. Gambhir and Kohli more at risk too - at least before this knock from Gambhir IMO.
Kohli I don't really count, neither Gambhir. I meant in terms of retirement both Laxman and Dravid are going to hang in there only through sheer runs as neither play ODI Cricket and they're old. They don't have many redeeming factors if they don't' score runs. Especially Dravid, the way he's played this series is a bit worrying, his first 20 odd runs at the MCG aside, he's been struggling a little too much for someone who's suppose to be "in form".

HeathDavisSpeed

Kohli I don't really count, neither Gambhir. I meant in terms of retirement both Laxman and Dravid are going to hang in there only through sheer runs as neither play ODI Cricket and they're old. They don't have many redeeming factors if they don't' score runs. Especially Dravid, the way he's played this series is a bit worrying, his first 20 odd runs at the MCG aside, he's been struggling a little too much for someone who's suppose to be "in form".
Hmmm. Fair enough. I just don't think he's your problem (slip catching aside, of course)

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I don't mind this bowling. Hilfenhaus and Siddle have been on the mark for quite some time now. Pressure cricket in an era that batsman need to feel the bat on ball.

As I type this Gambhir loses his nerve.