• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am probably asking for too much here genuinely want to see a decent response from India when they finally get to bat again. As much as I have enjoyed the collapses want them to show something other than total ineptness, at least a Sehwag cameo or something.

Woodster

International Captain
I am probably asking for too much here genuinely want to see a decent response from India when they finally get to bat again. As much as I have enjoyed the collapses want them to show something other than total ineptness, at least a Sehwag cameo or something.
Judging by the nature of his innings so far, he's going to need plenty of luck, similar to what he had at Melbourne, in order to produce any kind of cameo. Either that or the ball will need to stop mysteriously moving through the air and stop boggling the poor bewildered opener.

Woodster

International Captain
So how long are Aussies going to bat for today ? I'd be tempted to really drill India into the ground and there is so much time left in this Test, that wickets permitting they could go upto and beyond tea-time.

Be interesting to see India's body language today in the field right at the start and also if early wickets don't come. They have to show some discipline and eagerness with the ball and in the field today.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice bit of trivia on the radio just now. Tip Foster who holds the SCG high score record is the only man to captain England in cricket and football.

WAG.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Judging by the nature of his innings so far, he's going to need plenty of luck, similar to what he had at Melbourne, in order to produce any kind of cameo. Either that or the ball will need to stop mysteriously moving through the air and stop boggling the poor bewildered opener.
As I say not really expecting, kept thinking they would muster something against England but it never happened.

Still he might just get away with something, we know this is a pitch you can play your shots on.

Anyway all about Clarke for now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So how long are Aussies going to bat for today ? I'd be tempted to really drill India into the ground and there is so much time left in this Test, that wickets permitting they could go upto and beyond tea-time.

Be interesting to see India's body language today in the field right at the start and also if early wickets don't come. They have to show some discipline and eagerness with the ball and in the field today.
Only issue is the weather could be iffy. Otherwise no reason to stop batting until tea. But if weather becomes a factor then they'd have to re-think.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ashwin has been a bit of a joke this series. Always a big risk debuting people against the Windies, as even Bhaji would have taken wickets and scored runs against them. Thought Ohja was unlucky to miss out.

Aus should look to pull out after or just before tea with a 400+ lead. Plenty of time for Clarke to get 300+. If it wasn't a "live" match, I wouldn't mind seeing him go for Lara's record.