• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't recall it moving all that much at all, tbh. Reckon he could have left that line easily.

Not that I think it takes anything away from the quality of the bowling that the ball that happened to get the wicket wasn't one of his best.
Definitely moved off the deck. Enough to take Sachin's outside edge, in fact. :)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Fun fact for India fans: they've just showed a pitch map of this innings and 50% of the deliveries to right handers have been short. Australia can bowl better than this.

Spikey

Yeah not much possibly about it really. Poor old MItch going to find it really tough to come back.

Wonder where this leaves Harris, whereas before you would pick him regardless of long term injury issues I don't think that is the case now.
Straight in. No brainer. Sorry whoever goes out but.

Top_Cat

Last time we lost two plus established front liners on the eve of a series which I can recall was Windies 95.
That just proves it's more of a cultural/team thing, tbh. The bowlers Australia were left with included Reiffel and BJ. Didn't exactly uncover ATG's there.

Of course McG had his first big series but how he bowled against England in Perth immediately before suggested he was a gun in the making anyway. Even with Fleming and McDermott available, McGrath was in on merit from memory.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
So England > NZ=Aus > India, and South Africa hover around waiting to hear to who they're drawing a series with next?

I like.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Straight in. No brainer. Sorry whoever goes out but.
Even if he might not get through a test? Not long ago it seemed a gamble worth taking every time but not so sure now.

Still think you are probably right but not sure it is clear cut.