• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Redbacks

International Captain
We seem to have gathered together some bowlers who now realise 'the corridor' isn't leg and just outside. It's great to watch.
Nice to see the bowlers follow the skipper's advice finally. Clarke called for the ball to be pitched up today (and punter) and to attack the stumps.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Screw you guys, I'm going to bed.

For my detailed thoughts on today's play, see my previous avatar.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nice to see the bowlers follow the skipper's advice finally. Clarke called for the ball to be pitched up today (and punter) and to attack the stumps.
Yeah he had a long chat to Pattinson after he got Dravid, who then followed up with a few brilliant overs of exclusively full-pitched stuff.

Hope Lyon can clean up the tail.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhoni simply has to target the spinner. Clarke just waiting till his fast bowlers get a bit of rest before he brings them on again.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah that was actually a really good shot if only to push the line a bit wider. Anything through/over cover is... not so wise.
Exactly. How are you going to get out going through the line over a non-existent midwicket? He's not likely to miss it and none of the catchers are really in play. It's a percentage shot, especially when you play it as well as Dhoni and your defensive technique is so poor if the bowler is allowed to keep that line and length.

Tendulkar's shot, meanwhile, brings at least half of the Aussie fielders into the game. He walked straight into the most common mode of dismissal in test cricket- caught behind the wicket on the off side. But people like criticising Dhoni and don't like criticising Tendulkar. So they see what they want to see.