• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Really these batting collapses are getting annoying from us. At least our bowlers put us in a position to win matches, our batsmen seriously need to notch it up a level or 2

also ASHWIN WAG

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it did but I mean it wasn't moving off a line that was threatening the stumps. At least, not how I remember it.
If your criteria for leaving a ball is 'leave unless threatening the stumps', you won't score any runs!

EDIT: The point is that saying 'he had to play at it' isn't just about preventing the ball from hitting the stumps, at that level you balance the need to defend with the need to score runs to keep momentum going. Sure, strictly speaking the ball wasn't threatening his stumps but he still 'had to play at it' to keep forward momentum in his scoring. Just sitting on his handle because the team is in trouble isn't a realistic solution to his team's troubles unless batting for a draw.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
I take back my earlier statement. Ashwin to smash 150* and wrap this up for us before tea. Not Dhoni.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's not the implication, only that, considering conditions, leaving>>>>>>>>>>cover driving.
See my edit above, it wasn't that dangerous a shot, especially for Sachin who usually plays it so well. Shelving the cover drive because the team's in a bit of bother, especially on such a good deck is pointless. He copped a good bit of bowling and didn't quite nail the shot, bad luck.

Last edited: