• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

pup11

International Coach
Three of the four blokes who are out have played less than ten tests ffs.
Guys like Marsh and Cowan have been playing Fc cricket for a long time now and have only started putting up good numbers in the last couple of seasons, whereas blokes like Hughes and Uzi have been consistent right through their relatively young FC careers with both averaging over 50, but if don't have time and patience for young batsmen like them then we should be prepared for more such collapses.

Ruckus

International Captain
More than the score, It's the fact that there are two bats at the crease who look set for a lot of runs tbh.

I thought it was even up till about 45/4.
Looking set for a lot of runs doesn't mean anything though. Hussey or Ponting could go next ball, and India would be well ahead. If these two can both get 50's, then yes Australia will start taking the advantage. Let's not go nuts...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guys like Marsh and Cowan have been playing Fc cricket for a long time now and have only started putting up good numbers in the last couple of seasons, whereas blokes like Hughes and Uzi have been consistent right through their relatively young FC careers with both averaging over 50, but if don't have time and patience for young batsmen like them then we should be prepared for more such collapses.
Umm mate, they've both been part of those collapses. Phil, to his great credit, has often got the ball rolling, while Uzi has been fantastic at keeping the momentum going.

R_D

International Debutant
If only there was a way to utilise the technology Channel 9 just used to help the umpires...
If only Umpires like Erasmus knew the lbw law and made the decisions.. There would no need to talk about DRS.
I tend to agree with Ian Chappell DRS system should be in umpires hand rather than teams using it tactically.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not sure if Ganguly's taking the piss or just spectacularly ill-informed.

Just announced Dravid as the oldest man in test cricket (currently, I think he's right) and then said only Bradman has played at an older age! Must be having a lend, surely? :unsure:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If only Umpires like Erasmus knew the lbw law and made the decisions.. There would no need to talk about DRS.
I tend to agree with Ian Chappell DRS system should be in umpires hand rather than teams using it tactically.
No it shouldn't. The batsman is best placed to know if he's hit a ball.

hazsa19

International Regular
Strange to think back a few years when you could just pad up against the spinner with the big stride without any fear of losing your wicket.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure if Ganguly's taking the piss or just spectacularly ill-informed.

Just announced Dravid as the oldest man in test cricket (currently, I think he's right) and then said only Bradman has played at an older age! Must be having a lend, surely? :unsure:
He's probably saying that Bradman could still play test cricket imo.

TumTum

Banned
ha Chappell mind-boggled by the fact a slower bowler can be awesome.
There was an interview with Merv iirc, and when asked about how they spot talent, he said they are looking for bowlers with pace and bounce. Mentioned nothing about movement.

pup11

International Coach
Umm mate, they've both been part of those collapses. Phil, to his great credit, has often got the ball rolling, while Uzi has been fantastic at keeping the momentum going.
My point is that when its more or less a given that the more experienced FC batsmen aren't any better than Hughes or Uzi, then why not just stick with them because if nothing else they have got age on their side.