• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My point is that when its more or less a given that the more experienced FC batsmen aren't any better than Hughes or Uzi, then why not just stick with them because if nothing else they have got age on their side.
If they aren't part of the best eleven currently they shouldn't be playing. Simple as. Don't care if they're eight or eighty.

Spark

Global Moderator
Such an important partnership. Makes you wonder what the other ****s were doing, as batting hasn't looked that hard at all, frankly.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Such an important partnership. Makes you wonder what the other ****s were doing, as batting hasn't looked that hard at all, frankly.
I dunno mate, been quite a number of plays and misses plus a couple of close shouts.

I do enjoy the radio commentary, though it always intrigues me that when there are days like this when there's 10+ wickets falling from both sides, the likes of Maxwell, Lawson et al invariably, and I mean without fail, say "there's nothing wrong with the pitch".

Well Geoff, there was nothing wrong with the pitch in Perth when Ambrose broke your fat mouth either, ****.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
My point is that when its more or less a given that the more experienced FC batsmen aren't any better than Hughes or Uzi, then why not just stick with them because if nothing else they have got age on their side.
How can you comfortably say that they're better though? Marsh has certainly outperformed Khawaja in test cricket and arguably looks better technically as well. Even Cowan beat Khawaja's highest score in test cricket and it's only his first test. You can make the same argument against Hughes as well. Hughes has looked technically pathetic at times while Marsh has shown more and Cowan probably will to. Give them a chance first, you shouldn't just make your judgement from First class stats and experience.

Hughes and Khawaja haven't really dominated in FC cricket in recent times, whereas Cowan and Marsh have been superb in their last few FC seasons. Marsh and Cowan have to deal with tricky home pitches as well.

Ruckus

International Captain
Makes you wonder what the other ****s were doing, as batting hasn't looked that hard at all, frankly.
Yeah such dire batting before. Completely froze with fear. If they just left the ball for a few more overs, it would have got a lot easier. Suprising isn't it? It's harder to bat against the new ball...ground breaking stuff.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Ya, this partnership has screwed us over. We need to break it asap, or they'll quickly take the game away from us. Don't see India chasing more than 225-230.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah such dire batting before. Completely froze with fear. If they just left the ball for a few more overs, it would have got a lot easier. Suprising isn't it? It's harder to bat against the new ball...ground breaking stuff.
To be fair, leaving did Cowan no good and Clarke had a well-known technical flaw exploited by a really good ball, but yeah...

pup11

International Coach
If they aren't part of the best eleven currently they shouldn't be playing. Simple as. Don't care if they're eight or eighty.
..And who is to say that Hughes for example isn't in the best eleven, his test record is only as good or bad as any other underachieving test batman in the current eleven and since he is an opener his job is only that much harder.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They just need to stop being **** imo. i mean it's not that hard to not be **** you ****s

R_D

International Debutant
Apparently 4th innings highest chase at MCG is 197 runs....
Australia definitely ahead than... 200+ lead... Australia's game.
Ponting and Hussey looking very solid, Indan fielding is quite comical almost as comical as Aus top order batting:cool:

Spark

Global Moderator
..And who is to say that Hughes for example isn't in the best eleven, his test record is only as good or bad as any other underachieving test batman in the current eleven and since he is an opener his job is only that much harder.
Genuine question, have you watched that much Australian cricket in the last year?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
..And who is to say that Hughes for example isn't in the best eleven.
Well if you want to argue that, argue that. I don't agree at the moment but it's not a view I'd see as ridiculous. Harping on about his age and acting as if lack of experience is a virtue is a completely different thing though.