• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I was under the impression that they had to have two "previously disadvantaged" players in the eleven, but Philander's injured and has been replaced by a white bloke so it's either pretty relaxed or not what I thought it was. I remember reading about how they'd decided officially that Tahir wouldn't count as previously disadvantaged not long ago; so it's still there. Maybe Amla counts?
Amla definitely counts; Tahir doesn't because he's an immigrant and therefore isn't disadvantaged the way Amla is. If Tahir had been born and bred in South Africa he would be a quota player.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
explain to me why Boucher is still in the team? If you have a tail as long as ours, surely youre better off havin a batsman who keeps. Dane villas and Heino kuhn fit the bill, even Van wyk can do a job. Of all the big test Nations our wickie averages the lowest.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Amla definitely counts; Tahir doesn't because he's an immigrant and therefore isn't disadvantaged the way Amla is. If Tahir had been born and bred in South Africa he would be a quota player.
So if Tahir's parents had move to South Africa instead of Tahir himself that'd make him more disadvantaged in some way?

AlwaysProteas

U19 12th Man
So if Tahir's parents had move to South Africa instead of Tahir himself that'd make him more disadvantaged in some way?
If he grew up during apartheid, then yes, he would have been disadvantaged. Currently, he didn't have to stop playing and continued to play domestic cricket in Pakistan, therefore it did not impede his growth.

tridibans

Cricket Spectator
explain to me why Boucher is still in the team? If you have a tail as long as ours, surely youre better off havin a batsman who keeps. Dane villas and Heino kuhn fit the bill, even Van wyk can do a job. Of all the big test Nations our wickie averages the lowest.
LOL at your signature :p

ganeshran

International Debutant
The quota system based on race is flawed..

They should rather provide better facilities for disadvantaged kids from economically weaker sections.

tridibans

Cricket Spectator
The quota system based on race is flawed..

They should rather provide better facilities for disadvantaged kids from economically weaker sections.
Well I always thought the quota system was kind of a mystery to even saffers. I have a friend who lives in J'oburg and he reckons at times even the South African fans don't know what the system is actually.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
the simplest way to raise cricket in the Black community is to target schools. And to insure that as many schools are playing. Start from primary level. The australians have shown with their sports teams how easy it is.

SeamUp

International Coach
Seems to me that we have a bad session or two in Durban every series now.

What has happened to disciplined batting as well? I'm all for trying to get on top of teams but Rudolph, Smith, and AB played nothing shots. Prince, well it always looks bad going out to a reverse sweep in a test match but if it comes off it looks like he manipulated the field well.

Eventhough Hash and Jakes got decent balls, both deliveries did very little and played the wrong line.

Bouch got a beut for mine.

Bad weather around tomorrow potentially. Two things it will keep the pitch together for longer as it is unbelieavbly dry at the moment and could be worrying batting last but also could be a bowling day tomorrow with the weather.

Last edited: