• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Redbacks

International Captain
Ruckus he only bowled 3 balls to Sharma and yeah a straight one on the stumps would have been perfect, but he still bowled a wicket maiden, nothing too shabby.
The last ball was a pie. He needs to think about what he's ****ing doing sometimes :@

Ruckus

International Captain
Ruckus he only bowled 3 balls to Sharma and yeah a straight one on the stumps would have been perfect, but he still bowled a wicket maiden, nothing too shabby.
The over itself wasn't bad at all, but it is the mentality behind it which is worrying. What it his rationale behind bowling short stuff to him as opposed to trying to replicate the full length wicket taking ball he bowled the previous delivery? It's like if you've found a method of success, why stray from it? It's just pure stupidity. I could understand more if he actually was trying to bowl full most of the time, but simply couldn't get the ball in the right spot (because then it's just a simple case of him not having good enough basic skills). But I really don't think it is that.

pup11

International Coach
Complete bs

Last year, Hilf, Siddle and MJ couldnt hit the side of a barn with a howitzer from 3 feet away - Ponting's captaincy had ****-all to do with it

At least Siddle has improved his lines this year so you can set a field for him

Hilf, unfortunately, is still all over the place

That being the case, pick the 21 year old with real potential and get rid of the guys that have failed unless they make a compelling case for reinstatement
From what I remember last summer most of the times we hardly had any runs on the board which meant we never really attacked when we bowled, Hilfenhaus was bowling a foot outside off, with just about no close-in fielders for no other obvious reason other than containment so that Siddle and Johnson could do whatever they wanted from the other end.

Siddle has shown signs of improvement in terms of his length and whenever he bowls upto the bat he looks menacing, but still he is hardly consistent or reliable, with Hilf like I said there are things he needs to work on but he is proven customer and with a guy like McDermott at helm he would iron out his flaws.