• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How many times in the last year or so have we seen these no ball referrals? It's worrying because I wonder wtf the umpires were doing in the past before this trend started.
In principle I like the no ball referrals because I think that bowlers get away with too many no balls. ITBT this will drive bowlers to bowl less no balls, which is a good thing for the game.

I treat it like having a DRS in place. You don't get so many ridiculous appeals and all these aggrieved looks on the faces of the fielding side when they're allowed to refer. It makes the game better by providing more accurate dismissals and less crap by the bowling side.

Spark

Global Moderator
I was talking about getting a wicket off a no ball.

I mentioned Bishoo is relation to Lyon, Lyon looks lost out there right now and this is just his first game against India, while Bishy has had to face them six times this year.
I think benchmark's point is that the West Indies and Bishoo has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on right now.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was talking about getting a wicket off a no ball.

I mentioned Bishoo is relation to Lyon, Lyon looks lost out there right now and this is just his first game against India, while Bishy has had to face them six times this year.
And was crap in more favourable conditions

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think benchmark's point is that the West Indies and Bishoo has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on right now.
Simply not true. Both teams are comprised of people, are therefore directly comparable and relevant.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yeah WI have nothing to do with it but there's no harm in comparing two spinners who have made their debuts this year is there? i think Lyon's lack of bite today is one of the reason why Aus are struggling, all India are doing is seeing off the pacers and milking the others.

pup11

International Coach
Literally the only records that are relevant to his selection in this game are from this season where he has taken 23 wickets @ 32

Please explain to me how those figures demand selection for a guy that last season took 0 for a million!
Yeah... well we have been picking blokes who have done far less than that without a movement of hesitation, anyways our bowling coach has been hell bent on making sure our quicks bowl full and therefore bowlers like him are the one's needed to be worked with, rather than trying to turn deck-banging quicks into swing bowlers.

One more thing is that a swing bowler and a spin bowler are only as good as their captain, without proper support or tactics they could look pedestrian which is what happened with Hilf during the last summer like many other bowlers who played under Ponting.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah WI have nothing to do with it but there's no harm in comparing two spinners who have made their debuts this year is there? i think Lyon's lack of bite today is one of the reason why Aus are struggling, all India are doing is seeing off the pacers and milking the others.
You can make that point without bringing irrelevant topics in every single post.

Last edited:

Spikey

@sampsoncollins
Siddle loves punishing himself. This over he'll be running in barefoot over hot coals.

Top_Cat

To be expected, though. It's day 2 at the MCG, not exactly going to rip square for him.

Burgey

Siddle. Finally pitches up four balls in a row, gets a wicket but over steps.

The man is a buffoon of the highest order.