• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seriously mate.. you need to look at Shield records over the last five seasons and then you would realise that Hilfenhaus has been one of the most consistent quicks in the country through that period, there are things like use of crease and mixing up deliveries that he can work on but his basics are strong and the amount of time and effort invested in Siddle or Johnson would have been much better served on him.
Literally the only records that are relevant to his selection in this game are from this season where he has taken 23 wickets @ 32

Please explain to me how those figures demand selection for a guy that last season took 0 for a million!

Sylvester

State Captain
Guess you would expect that from a leggie, need to lone rotator out to the Big Bash to check out MacGill and Warne. Warner looked okay when he found the length.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As for the game, well already it's looking like India's to lose from here, they are just in total control, the Aus pacers don't look that dangerous and Lyon is looking totally ineffective, he hasn't got any tricks up his sleeve and when you consider that the indian batsmen are facing Ashwin in the nets on a daily basis Lyon isn't gonna be much of a challenge, in order to unsettle them you've got to be able to hit their pads a few times which is exactly what Bishoo done to Tendy,

This is Lyon's first game against a side who can play spin very well but yet Bishoo has spent his whole career thus far facing Pak (2 tests), India (6 tests) and Bang (2 tests), i wonder how many wickets Lyon would have had if he started with those set of fixtures?.
Holy ****, I started reading this post and thought "ok there's no way he's mentioned WI in this post"

Then BAM! there it was.

pup11

International Coach
Given the way the pitch is getting flatter by the minute, I think questions are going to be raised that why Clarke didn't elect to bowl in overcast damp conditions.

Also not getting my head around this bowling Warner-Hussey nonsense, the game could turn on its head with couple of quick wickets here yet it seems Clarke has already thrown in the towel.

Ruckus

International Captain
Given the way the pitch is getting flatter by the minute, I think questions are going to be raised that why Clarke didn't elect to bowl in overcast damp conditions.
It was a fine decision to bat first. Batting has never looked particularly difficult on this pitch, we simply just didn't make enough runs. 333 was never going to be par, and we haven't had nearly enough bowling potency to defend that total so far. Can't just rely on Pattinson, the others bowlers have to lift their game or we are going to lose. Simple as that.