• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah but there's nothing stopping Australia from getting 350-400, in fact it's disappointing if they don't end up around that mark.
Well 350 could definately be on the cards, but 400 would be quite an effort. That's another 123 runs...so Haddin would almost certainly need to get at least half of those.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm more concerned about Dravid, not Sehwag. Really good stuff from Peter Siddle at the end, 277/6 looks quite even really. Hopefully we can get to 360 from here, which would put us in a solid position.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well 350 could definately be on the cards, but 400 would be quite an effort. That's another 123 runs...so Haddin would almost certainly need to get at least half of those.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Australia will get to 400, but 370 isn't out of the question, which will put it even IMO. Agree that it's a pretty good batting pitch, but drop in pitches work in mysterious ways. Should get quicker tomorrow but who knows.

Burgey

Yeah it gets pretty boring. Cricket is all relative to the environment in which it takes place.
And I think there's enough there if you bowl full. Australia only really got away in that session after lunch when India dropped short.

Then again, will likely dry out. As always, we wait and see

iamdavid

International Debutant
Positive approach means having conviction in every shot you play whether that's a forward defence or a full blooded pull shot, the shots that likes of Ponting, Marsh and Clarke played to get out today were always going do little else other than get them out and the problem there was lack of conviction in the shots these guys were trying to play, they were in two minds whether to defend or play a shot and that sort of lack of clarity has been cause of all of our batting problems.
Err no.

Clarke tried to cut a ball which was much too straight and angling in to him. It was poor shot selection, he could've gone at it with all the conviction in the world and he'd still have been in trouble.

In Ponting's case it's pretty difficult to have a huge amount of conviction playing good length balls which angle in then seam away, it's not called the corridor of uncertainty for nothing.

You could argue that Marsh's shot looked a bit half-assed, but again his main problem was poor shot selection. Driving on the up in your first over at the crease on a deck with some juice in it is pretty low-percentage cricket.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah I guess you can only judge the wicket properly once Aus have bowled as well. Really didn't think the Indian's bowles were that good most of the time, so it will be interesting to see how much movement our bowlers can get if they can hit the seam better than they did.

Daemon

Err no.

Clarke tried to cut a ball which was much too straight and angling in to him. It was poor shot selection, he could've gone at it with all the conviction in the world and he'd still have been in trouble.

In Ponting's case it's pretty difficult to have a huge amount of conviction playing good length balls which angle in then seam away, it's not called the corridor of uncertainty for nothing.

You could argue that Marsh's shot looked a bit half-assed, but again his main problem was poor shot selection. Driving on the up in your first over at the crease on a deck with some juice in it is pretty low-percentage cricket.
Yeah, agree. No offence pup11 but you seem to be talking out your arse in that post.

flibbertyjibber

Is it just me or are people saying this after EVERY somewhat decent period of cricket these days?
Yeah, standards have dropped etc... The current number 1 side aren't that good and all that. People should just accept they are watching some enthralling matches of late, maybe the standard of cricket isn't as good as some of the previous 10 years but I bet you haven't enjoyed it as much as the last few months with so many stellar matches. Most involving the Aussies too.

Spark

Global Moderator
I do think some people are suffering from (and I usually hate this word) nostalgia filter too, though. I'd imagine the actual number of Test series where both sides were playing genuinely high quality cricket the majority of the time in the last decade wouldn't be very large. Even 2005, as amazing as it was, didn't have the highest quality of cricket imaginable from both sides, but that doesn't - and shouldn't - detract from how good a series it was.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Is it just me or are people saying this after EVERY somewhat decent period of cricket these days?
Didn't say it was bad, just didn't feel it was a 'great' days play

Australia bowling to India should be much better viewing for a neutral. Today felt like India's weakness V Australia's weakness

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah, standards have dropped etc... The current number 1 side aren't that good and all that. People should just accept they are watching some enthralling matches of late, maybe the standard of cricket isn't as good as some of the previous 10 years but I bet you haven't enjoyed it as much as the last few months with so many stellar matches. Most involving the Aussies too.
Australia....just such a selfless nation. Always ensuring people are entertained even if that means sacrificing success.