• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
haha yeah they had murdoch as one of the best batsmen in the world; he got a pair so i had to have a snipe. Someone (a member here, actually) who knows the childish things guys tried to get them to use my database and they said they'd be right without it, so i'm always amused when someone like that happens too. :p

that said, murdoch's gone on to have a decent season so far, pair aside.
qft

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Really well. 50 and 5-for in the first 50-over match this season I believe?

He was always rated very highly in Auckland. Just caught behind the likes of Mills, Munro, de Grandhomme etc as middle order batsman/bowlers up here although they did think enough of him to play him in an HRV Cup final.

I'd be so bold as to say he's destined for higher honours as a number 5 who bowls. Really stylish batsman and offers something with the ball. A batting all-rounder, for mine. Hits it hard and straight. Plus he's a confident guy who backs himself

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Really well. 50 and 5-for in the first 50-over match this season I believe?

He was always rated very highly in Auckland. Just caught behind the likes of Mills, Munro, de Grandhomme etc as middle order batsman/bowlers up here although they did think enough of him to play him in an HRV Cup final.

I'd be so bold as to say he's destined for higher honours as a number 5 who bowls. Really stylish batsman and offers something with the ball. A batting all-rounder, for mine. Hits it hard and straight. Plus he's a confident guy who backs himself
I've not seen him and only heard him on a couple of radio commentaries, but the kid definitely seems to have some X-factor about him; sounds like self-belief is a big part of that, and his OD form this season indicates he's got the ability to back it up. He can sure belt the ball-surely got to be worth a crack in the Plunkett soon too though, surely?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, he'll play 4-dayers before too long. As I say, a No.6 probably at this stage who gives good balance to the side with the ability to bowl a lot of overs and bowl them well. Also a very good slipper.

I'd like to hope the likes of Neesham, Derek de Boorder, maybe Andy McKay, Tarun Nethula, etc will come back to Auckland once the Mills, Tuffeys, Hopkins, Martins, McIntoshes etc move on.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Haha yeah they had Murdoch as one of the best batsmen in the world; he got a pair so I had to have a snipe. Someone (a member here, actually) who knows the Childish Things guys tried to get them to use my database and they said they'd be right without it, so I'm always amused when someone like that happens too. :p

That said, Murdoch's gone on to have a decent season so far, pair aside.
I've almost given up on them now lol Hardly play the game and haven't talked about the game to the guy in a while.

Might start talking to them about getting you to help after the break and see what they think then. Knowing how good you are at deadlines and getting stuff done though... :ph34r:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
After another day painting windows, finishing one top coat at 5pm is perfect timing to sit down and watch the HRV Cup on telly.

Turn it on, and Doull and Richardson talking **** about the bull**** umpire referral system at play. Young making the only reasonable point that if events are still in doubt, then it should remain in the batsman's favour. Everyone completely ignoring the doubt in the "successful" rollout of the system in the last televised game.

Also, are these umpire referrals available in the non-televised games? I bet they're not, meaning televised games are "more equal" than non-televised games. Given it's a single competition, I'd much prefer the playing conditions to be the same for all of the games played.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish Simon Doull had've copped it through the comm window rather than Andre.

However, now Mitch McC gets a call-up to the side. Two Howick boys brought it home today, another in for next game. What.a.club.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasn't quite that bad..did look in a lot of pain though. Ball went up and through the gap between the peak and the grill, he had to throw the helmet off to get it away. Isn't traveling with the team tomorrow, as I said.

Helmets/grills these days really aren't up to full-on forceful blows. Remembering Flynn's which hit him flush in the grill and bend it back into his teeth, and a few through the grill as well - McCullum's possibly the other day?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wasn't quite that bad..did look in a lot of pain though. Ball went up and through the gap between the peak and the grill, he had to throw the helmet off to get it away. Isn't traveling with the team tomorrow, as I said.

Helmets/grills these days really aren't up to full-on forceful blows. Remembering Flynn's which hit him flush in the grill and bend it back into his teeth, and a few through the grill as well - McCullum's possibly the other day?
IIRC Flynn hadn't actually fastened his helmet properly.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Did you take that from Jake Oram's comments on the Cricket Show? I didn't see the logic in that. He was talking about plastic things on the chin, but at the end of the day the ball hit him flush in the grill and bent back into his face. I don't see how strapping or anything else could've made a difference.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Did you take that from Jake Oram's comments on the Cricket Show? I didn't see the logic in that. He was talking about plastic things on the chin, but at the end of the day the ball hit him flush in the grill and bent back into his face. I don't see how strapping or anything else could've made a difference.
Na it was a comment made by the helmet makers actually. :laugh: Take from that what you will.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, fair..I dunno, does anyone else view that as arse covering? I just watched the footage again before and it looks like it just pushes the grill back on impact. Can't see what a strap being in place would aid with.

In Andre's case, similar thing - impact and the velocity of it forced the ball through his grill and peak even though the gap wasn't large.