• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Oram's still such a valuable bowler in the shorter forms. Do we know if he's still available for ODI's & T20I's?
Yep, he is. Just retired from Tests.

I thought Nethula bowled very well, but everyone's entitled to an opinion

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Remember when Elliott seemed like the answer to some of our woes and would be so gun? Seems like an age ago.

Edit: speaking of an age ago, my supporting XI needs to be updated...

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brendan Taylor looks a classy bat. Stood out today for me.

Relief to see Wellington finally get a win on the board. Phew.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yep I watched him as well didn't think as much of his action although I expect your post was light hearted.

AS a knights fan dissapointed by 12 runs off three overs. Brad Wilson and dan Vettori just terrible batting. So infuriating to watch them batting in the 1st over as they took 3 or 4 sighters each. **** with 10 wickets in hand and 5 overs to bat just slog - maybe one ball max to get your eye in.

Thumbs down Knights well done Cantabs

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, was slightly sarcastic ;)

Probably slightly quicker than average, and he reportedly swings the ball. Seems ok.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, was slightly sarcastic ;)

Probably slightly quicker than average, and he reportedly swings the ball. Seems ok.
Cheers Bahnz.

Based purely on his action - I doubt he will be in FC cricket 3 years from now. Some young buck will take his spot. I am stating that in a way to be a bit dramatic - but he just seemed a bit laboured.

Flem274*

123/5
Haha, I love domestic reports. One poster (Howsie iirc) says awesome action, another says it will cause him to go down the drain.

What's wrong with him Hurricane? I've never seen him.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Watched Matt Henry today....sharp. Doesn't run in all that hard but hits the crease with momentum and hurried up Cachopa/Raval to get them out.

And Tim Mc looked atrocious. Absymal even
Heh, two reports on Matt Henry. Both very positive, but big differences in pace estimation.

Wells-esque.
Well he's made an impressive start to his domestic career.

First class- 28 wickets @ 16.10
List A- 6 wickets @ 14.66
Someone said he was slow? I hate the pace game..but he probably wouldn't be out of the 130s, high in that bracket though. Skiddy, bowls a good length. Got Jeet out on Colin Munro Park which is quite an achievement, isn't it?
Heh.

I watched him bowl a couple of weeks ago against ND at Seddon, thought the same as you, around that 135K mark. With his action and given he's still only 19 I don't see any reason why he couldn't put on a few more yards of pace though.
@Flem - I think the thing that struck me about him is what Steve noticed. He doesn't run into the crease very hard to bowl. This means for me - there isn't much energy in his action and he has a very timid jump. Chris Martin by contrast has a determined run up and gets through his delivery action with some enthusiasm.

Howsie has suggested there is upwards potential in his bowling action. Perhaps by this he means that there is room for improvement. I am not sure. Perhaps he rates his bowling action and in fact on a second reading it seems that way from his post. So it might just be me that has reservations about him. But I guess like you say it makes it more fun to have different reviews on a young bowler.

By way of contrast Trent Boult was in the same Game and looked an order of magnitude better.

HolyHandGrenade

Cricket Spectator
@Flem - I think the thing that struck me about him is what Steve noticed. He doesn't run into the crease very hard to bowl. This means for me - there isn't much energy in his action and he has a very timid jump. Chris Martin by contrast has a determined run up and gets through his delivery action with some enthusiasm.
Is the lack of a run-up really much of a worry though? i'm saying this, having not really watched him bowl, besides that youtube video, but if he's got a nice consistent, rhythmic run-up, which from that video, he seemed to have, then it shouldn't be much of a worry. It's as Howsie said, he'll most likely get faster and better as he gets older. I mean one only has to look at Wasim Akram as an example of a great bowler with an almost effortless run-up. So really as long as he has consistent rhythm in his run-up, he should at least develop into a decent bowler in the future.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Marchant de Lange takes a leisurely stroll up to the crease. Honestly isn't an issue if you get the ball where you want it to go.

Howsie

International Captain
Howsie has suggested there is upwards potential in his bowling action. Perhaps by this he means that there is room for improvement. I am not sure. Perhaps he rates his bowling action and in fact on a second reading it seems that way from his post. So it might just be me that has reservations about him. But I guess like you say it makes it more fun to have different reviews on a young bowler.

By way of contrast Trent Boult was in the same Game and looked an order of magnitude better.
Improvement in his pace. He has an explosive sort of action so it wouldn't surprise me if over the next few years as he fills out a little bit more and gets stronger if he were to add 5-10K's.

Marchant de Lange takes a leisurely stroll up to the crease. Honestly isn't an issue if you get the ball where you want it to go.
Yeah, as long as your rhythm is good as you approch the crease and you get through your action it really doesn't matter.

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
I actually went to the HRV Cup game between the Aces and Knights on Boxing Day. Was anyone else there? I don't remember much, was mostly an excuse to spend an evening out with my family while I was back home.

I just remember winning a somewhat close match, and being drunk.

Howsie

International Captain
The national "A" tournament gets underway today, looks as though rain has effected all of the games though. Looking at most of the teams named I can see why the Under 23 tournament was given the flick, may as well give these games first class status.