• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

howardj

International Coach
Siddle
Pattinson
Hilfenhaus
Lyon
Christian (possibly)

Although I acknowledge the great start Pattinson and Lyon have made to their careers, the improved bowling of Siddle, and that for two of the aforementioned this is their home ground, I can see us spending some serious hours out on the field during this match. We really need Harris to come back, and Watson to return to the bowling crease if we are to win this series.

Ruckus

International Captain
Hey GotSpin, noticed you said before you got tickets to the first day of the Sydney test...do you happen to know anything about how many are available still in decent areas etc?

Andre

International Regular
I honestly don't think he is bowling much better than he has before (and I also don't think he'll be more successful in test cricket), but I agree (and it kills me to say this this) I'd much prefer him to Starc.

At the same time though, I'd pick a few bowlers over Hilfenhaus.
Na he's bowled well of late. Swinging the ball later than he has been and a yard or 2 quicker. You'll see an improved bowler if selected.

howardj

International Coach
It should also be noted that our only wins in the just completed series' in SL and SA were by teams including Ryan Harris.

The more I look at this, I see a whole lot of leather chasing for us unfortunately.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I agree we need bowling practice, but Rohit did not need batting practice really. Dhoni did.

Weird decision. I'd have batted Dhoni at 3 or 4 and given him a chance to have a bat. If he went out, then declare.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
It should also be noted that our only wins in the just completed series' in SL and SA were by teams including Ryan Harris.

The more I look at this, I see a whole lot of leather chasing for us unfortunately.
That SA test we won didn't feature Harris, or have i lost my marbles?

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I agree we need bowling practice, but Rohit did not need batting practice really. Dhoni did.

Weird decision. I'd have batted Dhoni at 3 or 4 and given him a chance to have a bat. If he went out, then declare.
Agree. Are there practice matches between the tests? If not maybe this was just Rohit's opportunity to give a decent long audition.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ricky Ponting struck painful blow on hand in nets at Australian Batting Group Camp

Today: Ricky Ponting not injured
31st of Dec: Ricky Ponting out of 2nd test
6th Jan: Ricky Ponting retires, citing hand injury

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I actually think Sehwag is immune to embarrassment.

Sometimes I think part of his success is that he doesn't care about how he gets out, or when he gets out. He doesnt care if he gets out on 99 reverse sweeping, or goes out to the part-timer trying to slog him for 6.

Whereas some other batsmen do care and ironically go out in the 90s or to the part-timer because they're so tense.
Jeez Jono, are you making veiled accusations against Sachin? :p

I am juz kidding.. Sehwag is kinda unique in that way... Dont write off a first day 100 or 150 at the MCG now that he has batted like this in the tour game. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jeez Jono, are you making veiled accusations against Sachin? :p
Haha. I'm a huge Sachin fan but its obvious he gets nervous in the 90s. Everyone's got their faults and that's one of his.

Ironic though since the guy with the most 100s ever gets nervous in the 90s. Imagine how many 100s he would have if he didn't get nervous!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I actually think Sehwag is immune to embarrassment.

Sometimes I think part of his success is that he doesn't care about how he gets out, or when he gets out. He doesnt care if he gets out on 99 reverse sweeping, or goes out to the part-timer trying to slog him for 6.

Whereas some other batsmen do care and ironically go out in the 90s or to the part-timer because they're so tense.
Yeah, Sehwag is almost like a robot cricketer. The match situation/context, his personal score, the quality of the bowling, the pitch conditions.. none of these things seem to matter much to him at all. He has his method and he just goes about it; it's actually a massive strength as it makes it somewhat immune to a lot of typical human ailments when batting. In a lot of ways he's quite similar to Trott, which seems weird.