• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Andre

International Regular
How'd Hilfenhaus crawl his way back into contention?
Prefer him to Starc at the moment to be honest. Has started to look back to his best the last month and would allow Pattinson to operate more effectively as a strike bowler.

I see Hilf making a 4 man attack but not a 5 man one if that makes any sense.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Prefer him to Starc at the moment to be honest. Has started to look back to his best the last month and would allow Pattinson to operate more effectively as a strike bowler.

Oh really, so Hilf has actually improved since last summer? Starc really hasn't impressed me thus far and I think Sehwag will destroy his loose deliveries outside off

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Oh really, so Hilf has actually improved since last summer? Starc really hasn't impressed me thus far and I think Sehwag will destroy his loose deliveries outside off
Sehwag will be in the pavilion by the time Starc comes on to bowl.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sehwag will be in the pavilion by the time Starc comes on to bowl.
Big claim.

The guy has a good record in Australia. His failings in England are irrelevant to here. He's not coming in cold and he won't be facing the same quality of bowler.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain

I honestly don't think he is bowling much better than he has before (and I also don't think he'll be more successful in test cricket), but I agree (and it kills me to say this this) I'd much prefer him to Starc.

At the same time though, I'd pick a few bowlers over Hilfenhaus.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Big claim.

The guy has a good record in Australia. His failings in England are irrelevant to here. He's not coming in cold and he won't be facing the same quality of bowler.
True. He's facing Peter George right now

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Mate George made the Australian test team when there were less fast bowling injuries than there are now.

He could be in your starting XI at any moment.
Are you not aware that there a number of bowlers that have emerged since his test debut who have overtaken him?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I actually think Sehwag is immune to embarrassment.

Sometimes I think part of his success is that he doesn't care about how he gets out, or when he gets out. He doesnt care if he gets out on 99 reverse sweeping, or goes out to the part-timer trying to slog him for 6.

Whereas some other batsmen do care and ironically go out in the 90s or to the part-timer because they're so tense.