• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I hate the fact that Kallis has bowled the same number of overs as Steyn has after the first 18 overs of a Test match.

I know Steyn will likely come on to bowl soon, but the gulf between the two as bowlers is so huge with the new ball that I think it's been a bad decision to bowl Kallis this early into the match.

Also, WTF with Perera playing, strange choice.

Himannv

International Coach
I hate the fact that Kallis has bowled the same number of overs as Steyn has after the first 18 overs of a Test match.

I know Steyn will likely come on to bowl soon, but the gulf between the two as bowlers is so huge with the new ball that I think it's been a bad decision to bowl Kallis this early into the match.

Also, WTF with Perera playing, strange choice.
Yeah I agree. Its actually eased up the pressure a bit.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Steyn injured?

Why bring on Tahir in the first session against a side that love spin and don't like pace when Steyn has only bowled 4 overs?

The joys of changing channel, stick it back on he is bowling.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tharanga must be annoying **** for the opposition. So scratchy but usually gets a good score.

Briony

International Debutant
Not a bad session overall from the SL batsmen after being sent in, a few reckless shots aside.

Both middling teams but you'd expect SA to prevail at home despite their recent poor record as hosts so fairly solid from the visitors.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Dominic Cork, of all people, should understand what Steyn is trying to do. Yes, he bowls slightly slower with the new ball, trying to get it full and the late swing going. Does not mean he is any less effective as an in-depth analysis of his new ball spells would show.

With the slightly older ball, he hits full tilt (pace-wise), bringing in more variations and bowling the odd quick bouncer. Just a strategy that has served him well in the past and I'm surprised he gets so much flak for it.

This is the third time this summer that I've observed this issue being mentioned. Once by Robin Jackman and once by Hylton Ackerman, IIRC before today.