• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

aussie tragic

International Captain
I'm surprised that everyone is assuming Harris will be fit, btw.
Well he says he's going to play a BB T20 to set him up for a Test against India :ph34r:

I'm just as surprised that Watson can play the 1st Test without a FC game to prove fitness?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well he says he's going to play a BB T20 to set him up for a Test against India :ph34r:

I'm just as surprised that Watson can play the 1st Test without a FC game to prove fitness?
likewise it's why I think Usman out and Christan in could happen.

ganeshran

International Debutant
I'm assuming harris and bollinger won't be considered. haze to be last man standing.

One 36yo had to go. Even now they're too afraid to drop Ponting, Hussey just had his good series for 2 years and Katich was injured, so out of the team, and in poor form*. Pretty easy to see why Katich got screwed over. Worth noting Hughes killed it in the shield final which also played into factor.

*no worse than hussey right now, obv
The dropping part wasnt wrong IMO . It signals that you go back to domestic cricket and improve if you want to come back into the team. What was wrong was that CA didnt even give him a contract and signaled an abrupt end to his international career regardless of how he performed in the domestic level after that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The dropping part wasnt wrong IMO . It signals that you go back to domestic cricket and improve if you want to come back into the team.
He wasn't dropped for performance reasons though; he was (ridiculously) left out mainly because he was ageing. He obviously wasn't going to go back to domestic cricket and improve his age.

ganeshran

International Debutant
He wasn't dropped for performance reasons though; he was (ridiculously) left out mainly because he was ageing. He obviously wasn't going to go back to domestic cricket and improve his age.
But PEWS, selectors should have considered that modern day batsmen can play till they are 39-40. Sachin and Dravid have hit peaks even during the final few years of their careers. Katich did have injury concerns but he regained fitness. He also hit two centuries in the Shield matches after being dropped. He was treated very unfairly by CA.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Katich also ****ed any chance he had of a recall when he had a whinge to the press.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But PEWS, selectors should have considered that modern day batsmen can play till they are 39-40. Sachin and Dravid have hit peaks even during the final few years of their careers. Katich did have injury concerns but he regained fitness. He also hit two centuries in the Shield matches after being dropped. He was treated very unfairly by CA.
Oh I agree with that. But the dropping was wrong; it's ridiculous to say it wasn't AFAIC.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Katich also ****ed any chance he had of a recall when he had a whinge to the press.
You've posted a lot about this, and I don't agree at all. He already had no ****ing chance tbh, and he knew it. But we've been there and done that on that issue so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop replying to my posts with baits about it. :p

howardj

International Coach
Give the Aussie hierarchy a break. I mean when you:

- Get beaten, three times by an innings, by the fourth ranked team in the world (at the time) in your own back yard

- Capitulate for 47

- Get pumped by the 8th ranked team in the world in your back yard

...clearly by retaining the same chronic underperforming batsmen, you know what you're doing.

these guys are borderline mentally ill

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You've posted a lot about this, and I don't agree at all. He already had no ****ing chance tbh, and he knew it. But we've been there and done that on that issue so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop replying to my posts with baits about it. :p
Whatever tiny chance there was of Katich being recalled evaporated when he came out and said what he did. :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Looks to me like Hughes has irreparable technical deficiencies...with the standard of new ball bowling around the world on the upturn, it's going to be ultra hard for him to be any kind of consistent.

Unless he stays out for about 10 years, waits for bowling and pitches to go to ****, and then makes a great comeback.... like a Hayden :ph34r:
Good thing is, Indian seamers are **** and he can enjoy himself against us. :(

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let's be honest, we're all just waiting for Karan316's next thread. This feels like marking time really.