• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Shri

Mr. Glass
Question to australians who have watched Warner bat in FC cricket:

How good did he look against spin?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good, backing Ponting to do well in Melbourne. I see Warne was calling for his head as well.
bet you're the kind of person who will say 'he looks good' when he's on 14, and 'I didn't see that coming' when he gets out for 17

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah, the series that won me over to test cricket. Tendulkar to end up 99* on the non striker's end in the final test as the game and the series are drawn.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I like it. Ponting doesn't really deserve his spot anymore (Hussey still does IMO) but I still think he's more likely than Khawaja, who has been unlucky not to get a consistent run yet but has been pretty disappointing. Marsh out injured means I'd just play both, but Cowan couldn't have done a lot more in the last season and a half so he's a fair enough pick.

Flem274*

123/5
I hope Australia's openers keep failing so the selectors are exposed more and more as arrogant ****wads for not having the guts to admit they were wrong about Katich.

But I'm supporting Australia's other nine players.

Spikey

yeah but you also like

um. hmmm....15yo girls? but then who doesn't

the point is, shut it ****.

Spark

Global Moderator
I hope Australia's openers keep failing so the selectors are exposed more and more as arrogant ****wads for not having the guts to admit they were wrong about Katich.

But I'm supporting Australia's other nine players.
Why would these selectors be the arrogant ****wads?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Where would we all be without ganeshran's valuable insights. Clearly adds a lot to the forum and he is really not him either. I was so wrong.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Reads like a youtube comment
You really think there is no impact of what happened in that brawl to his dropping immediately after Clarke became captain. Why else would Katich be dropped so unceremoniously from the team and denied a central contract.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Okay, after a bottle of Wolf Blass Wine to break the "what the selectors will pick" mindset, this is my Boxing day Test

1. Warner
2. Watson
3. Khawaja
4. Ponting
5. Clarke
6. Hussey
7. Wade
8. Siddle
9. Harris
10. Pattinson
11. Lyon]
12. Cowan

Ponting, Hussey and khawaja on notice to perform or 2 may be dropped for 2nd Test whereby Marsh and Cowan come in....

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
For still not picking him. /flounce

It's just so illogical not to pick the guy who is Australia's best opener.
Thing is though, it would look pretty retrospective if they picked Katich instead of, say, Warner. It'd be a short-term measure at best.

Either way would have merit but it's a crime either way. The crime was dropping him in the first place.

Spikey

I'm assuming harris and bollinger won't be considered. haze to be last man standing.

You really think there is no impact of what happened in that brawl to his dropping immediately after Clarke became captain. Why else would Katich be dropped so unceremoniously from the team and denied a central contract.
One 36yo had to go. Even now they're too afraid to drop Ponting, Hussey just had his good series for 2 years and Katich was injured, so out of the team, and in poor form*. Pretty easy to see why Katich got screwed over. Worth noting Hughes killed it in the shield final which also played into factor.

*no worse than hussey right now, obv