• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Flem274*

123/5
whats the bet?
One month: Williamson will/will not score 30 or more in an innings this series

One week: Williamson will/will not hit a front foot cover drive for four in this series.

Basically, tumtum saw Williamson bat once in India and because he specifically put the front foot drives away and scored his century slowly, Williamson cannot cover drive off the front foot and can't use his technique.

Also, apparently spinners don't beat batsmen with flight. But that's another bet for another day.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Who is they? Wouldn't be Chappelli as he actually cares about intl cricket.

Benchy to come out and defend C9 :ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
Ian Smith is weird. When he commentates in NZ he's the biggest toy thrower ever, but overseas he's ridiculously biased.

And everywhere he hates CD players. WAFC.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Well, wasn't it Mark Nicholas asking the question? I got the feeling they didn't want to point out what a dumbass he was, so just pretended that they were still playing under the old rules.

TumTum

Banned
Basically, tumtum saw Williamson bat once in India and because he specifically put the front foot drives away and scored his century slowly, Williamson cannot cover drive off the front foot and can't use his technique.
Yeah because it's such a dangerous shot to cover drive in India where the ball seams and swings around corners against the phaaasst Indian attack. In fact Kane is so good that he hasn't had to play that shot in his entire career to date.

BTW didn't you or someone else suggest that he was injured during that debut knock and hence didn't play the cover drive?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well, wasn't it Mark Nicholas asking the question? I got the feeling they didn't want to point out what a dumbass he was, so just pretended that they were still playing under the old rules.
Actually I think it was Nicholas and not Taylor out of those I mentioned.

I know Smith was definitely there. :p

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah because it's such a dangerous shot to cover drive in India where the ball seams and swings around corners against the phaaasst Indian attack. In fact Kane is so good that he hasn't had to play that shot in his entire career to date.

BTW didn't you or someone else suggest that he was injured during that debut knock and hence didn't play the cover drive?
He has though mate. you not seeing it =/= never playing it.

He shelved it because he was nicking it, which was the mature thing to do. After the Indian tour he brought it back. No injuries or whatever rubbish you're trying to put in my mouth.

Now out the door with you before you embarrass yourself some more.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Actually I think it was Nicholas and not Taylor out of those I mentioned.

I know Smith was definitely there. :p
Nicholas was asking questions to Smith and Taylor. It was Nicholas who asked the question regarding batsman taking the light when offered.

Athlai

Not Terrible

Hey no offense but you're dumb.