• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't really like that way of thinking. Most great players from most sports have shown both talent and control/temperament in their early career (eg Cummins). IMO he'll always bowl these loose balls.
Like who?

Off the top of my head, it was really only the a couple of WI and Waqar that came in as nearly finished articles

Lillee - incredibly raw

McGrath - dropped twice in his first few tests

Hadlee - completely changed his bowling before he had success

Imran - ditto

etc etc

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Disagree. Other than his first over (which is excusable tbh) Pattinson has been pretty much fine and looks like he actually has some semblance of a game plan. Won't be suprised if Starc has some success here, because of his previous record at this ground, but Pattinson is a more refined product for mine.

That being said neither should be playing test cricket yet imo.
Don't think he's bringing much to the table his fellow Vic isn't, tbh.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Reckon Lyon will be our provider tbh. Can see the Kiwi batsmen playing some daft shots against his temptingness.

Ruckus

International Captain
Like who?

Off the top of my head, it was really only the a couple of WI and Waqar that came in as nearly finished articles

Lillee - incredibly raw

McGrath - dropped twice in his first few tests

Hadlee - completely changed his bowling before he had success

Imran - ditto

etc etc
Haha what? And what about the plethora of bowlers who have been dumped because they have been picked on something like 'potential' and then failed to deliver? The only time picking someone on 'potential' alone will work is if you are dealing with someone very special. Is Starc very special? He looks decent, gets good bounce and pace, not much more than that though imo. Doesn't look like he will be an ATG.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reckon Lyon will be our provider tbh. Can see the Kiwi batsmen playing some daft shots against his temptingness.
Lyon's selection is the one that we should be talking about as at least the quicks have potential!