• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My two favourite umpires on display here.

I like Rauf. Looks like the sort of blokes you'd have a few beers with, then he'd be keen to kick onto a nightclub and see where the night takes us, and you wouldn't be surprised if you ended up doing an 8-ball of coke back at a strippers house.
itstl

i forgot to say, in regards to the wicket and ball from starc, that it was mitchell johnson-like

not liking these ads

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My two favourite umpires on display here.

I like Rauf. Looks like the sort of blokes you'd have a few beers with, then he'd be keen to kick onto a nightclub and see where the night takes us, and you wouldn't be surprised if you ended up doing an 8-ball of coke back at a strippers house.
Such a weird post. Did that actually happen already or something? :laugh:

Ruckus

International Captain
Haha yeah. Our rationale for picking a player is that he must turn out to be an all time great.

**** sake, Australian cricket fans have been far too spoiled.
Who said that? I was saying if you only have some vague sense of 'potential' to go by, then you'd want to make sure the player picked is likely to be a really, really top prospect. Otherwise the normal rules apply; good performance in Shield etc. You could argue that Starc is a top prospect, but I'd have to disagree. I think he will be a good bowler in the long run, but nothing extra special like Cummins. Also think he will get smashed for a good while if he stays in the team after this game.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Who said that? I was saying if you only have some vague sense of 'potential' to go by, then you'd want to make sure the player picked is likely to be a really, really top prospect. Otherwise the normal rules apply; good performance in Shield etc. You could argue that Starc is a top prospect, but I'd have to disagree. I think he will be a good bowler in the long run, but nothing extra special like Cummins. Also think he will get smashed for a good while if he stays in the team after this game.
Think most people agree with that tbf

benchmark00

Did Grieg used to be a good commentator once upon a time?
Yeah, has fallen over the cliff in the last 12 months or so for mine.

He was ****ing horrible in Sri Lanka. Though he had to contend with Jayasuriya. Which should have made him look like a genius.

He misses having Lawry next to him imo.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I've always been of the opinion the Twelfth Man's Grieg talked more sense than the alleged real one.

Ooops. Dropsy.

Spikey

hauritz would have taken that. if he was at short leg for whatever reason

hughes must be so pleased he's finally out of short leg

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jeez that would have been a hell of a catch.

Edit: Haha slow mo makes it look easy but that happened bloody quick.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Why is Hughes not a short leg?

Also the commentator just said "he did everything but hold it" so what did he do then?