• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

trapol

U19 12th Man
That's ok.

We are all entitled to our opinion and the footage I watch on YouTube Imo says that those bowlers, including the ones in the 1979 speedball comp were very good bowlers but express they weren't

We are allowed to disagree and therefore let's just leave it at that

Arachnodouche

International Captain
is it even humanly possible to bowl faster than an Akhtar, Lee, Tait? A lot of times we tend to romanticize the oldies for whatever reasons, but as rapid as Holding might've been, how much faster could he have been than the contemporary crop at their best?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Atul Sharma bowled faster than the speed of sound. Some say his speed even approached the speed of light, which is why we never saw it happen.

Flem274*

123/5
Thommo thought he bowled 170kph iirc, so subtract 10ks = 160. sPEED guns back in the day were dodgy ****s, so **** drswing conclusions from that ****. hadlee was fast, haters can suxk it.

aussie tragic

International Captain
WTF happened to the Aussie vs NZ thread :@

Bad enough that Aussie selectors are so focused on pace, without us adding to it....:p

...and while Lee was definitely more rapid than Lillee/Thomson post 1979 (having seen them all live), I'm not so sure about Lilllee and Thomo at their pace peak (i.e. before Lillee's back injury and Thomo's shoulder injury)

uvelocity

International Coach
Junior wants to drop warner for christian?! And play presumably 4 quicks. Panel thinks leaving out copes is an aggresive selection and therefore good :unsure:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Why else would they be given a test or so each and be dropped?

(genuinely cbf thinking of another reason(
New selectors would not blacklist Cricketers who are still reasonably young and playing First Class Cricket in Australia.

- McDonald isn't bowling well at the moment, he's not making many runs either. He has more chance of playing T20 for Australia.

- George was very lucky to get picked for Australia at the time. He's still only 25. He doesn't offer enough at the moment to be a Test player. This could change in the future, but I doubt it.

- Copeland is still in the selectors thoughts. They explained the reason behind his non selection, he just wasn't doing enough since the Test series.

- McKay had an injury plagued year last season. He finally produced good figures in his last Shield match. He just hasn't done enough lately to be considered a Test player, but if he finishes the season strong he has a slight chance of representing Australia again.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's ok.

We are all entitled to our opinion and the footage I watch on YouTube Imo says that those bowlers, including the ones in the 1979 speedball comp were very good bowlers but express they weren't

We are allowed to disagree and therefore let's just leave it at that
No, it is a fact that Thommo was clocked at 160.45Km/h. Like I said, if you know something about the tech, feel free to argue about the accuracy of it but that he was measured as bowling that speed is not a matter of opinion.

Jacknife

International Captain
No, it is a fact that Thommo was clocked at 160.45Km/h. Like I said, if you know something about the tech, feel free to argue about the accuracy of it but that he was measured as bowling that speed is not a matter of opinion.
That was a few years before that world's fastest bowler challenge in a test match, wasn't it?

Tbh that world challenge thing, when you see Holding & Lillee getting clocked at 128 or whatever there first ball was, you know it ain't up to much.