• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haddin as VC? Makes you feel he's a long way from being under the same pressure from selectors as fans. What more need Wade do before bursting down the door?
Surely it can't just be seen as him keeping Paine's seat warm as #2 keeper? Wade, in his own right, deserves consideration for the Test spot these days.
Also, lol @ Starc but not Copes.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Credit where it's due, Martin deserves to hold his Test spot based on his figures in this match.

I'm now kind of betwixt and between on whether NZ should go in with all 4 seamers & Vettori tbh. Turner rightly points out that doing so would just exacerbate Australia's superiority over us in the middle to lower order batting stakes.

Anyone else on the fence with this one?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Surely the Kiwis are half a chance to take the 1st Test.Nothing to be worried about at all with that bowling attack I would have thought and if we can bat first and score big, hopefully Vettori can bowl us to a famous victory! I'm certainly hoping for that ! :)

What is with domestic flights within Australia! Looked at prices to get down to the Hobart Test and AU$600-$750 for a return flight with Qantas or Jetstar!

Top_Cat

Yup, count him in.
It's a fair question and I tend to be on-side with it more often than not but, well, Copeland hasn't had an opportunity to prove it either way yet.

Can't believe Starc got a go, though. Don't forget, this insane push to get a leftie into the team by any means resulted in Bracken. 'Nuff said.

Zinzan

Surely the Kiwis are half a chance to take the 1st Test.Nothing to be worried about at all with that bowling attack I would have thought and if we can bat first and score big, hopefully Vettori can bowl us to a famous victory! I'm certainly hoping for that ! :)
Slightly less than half a chance, 60/40 in favor of Aust for mine. Home conditions, faster bowlers blah etc

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
What is with domestic flights within Australia! Looked at prices to get down to the Hobart Test and AU$600-$750 for a return flight with Qantas or Jetstar!
Holiday period. Need to book them well in advance if you want it cheap.

Can't believe Starc got a go, though. Don't forget, this insane push to get a leftie into the team by any means resulted in Bracken. 'Nuff said.
Yeah, that went badly. 8-)

TumTum

Banned
^ Is he likely to be fit for the 2nd Test?

Edit: Cummins that is
Probably. Sore heel doesn't sound that bad.

I really don't care how we go in the 1st Test. 3 debutants is too much of a change. Hopefulyl we'll be alright when India comes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's a fair question and I tend to be on-side with it more often than not but, well, Copeland hasn't had an opportunity to prove it either way yet.
Yeah I tend to agree. I think it pretty much goes without saying that Copeland did benefit from those pitches more than the average bowler in the Shield and that he wasn't really a 17-average (or whatever absurd average he actually had after that first season) bowler. That said, even if you take that into account he still had a stellar record and was outperforming pretty much everyone at the time - plus he adds real balance to the attack in a good contrast to the other bowlers the selectors like to pick. I honestly didn't have that much of a problem with him being left out for Siddle (other than the pitch we decided to do it on, fmd that was dumb) but when he gets left out for Starc, Pattinson and Cutting then well it's a bit much to take. It's especially bad when he was actually ahead of them all a Test ago and he's only bowled 10 overs or so since then.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach

I really don't care how we go in the 1st Test. 3 debutants is too much of a change. Hopefulyl we'll be alright when India comes.
Losing to us doesn't worry you? Blimey, Australian standards really have fallen. :ph34r:

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

Its been suggested to me (not by any reliable source, mind) that this 'sore heel' is actually a back injury. Hopefully not the case.

Shame to see Copeland and Cowan miss out, especially since Cowan has out-batted Warner thus far in the Aus A game.

Top_Cat

Yeah I tend to agree. I think it pretty much goes without saying that Copeland did benefit from those pitches more than the average bowler in the Shield and that he wasn't really a 17-average (or whatever absurd average he actually had after that first season) bowler. That said, even if you take that into account he still had a stellar record and was outperforming pretty much everyone at the time - plus he adds real balance to the attack in a good contrast to the other bowlers the selectors like to pick. I honestly didn't have that much of a problem with him being left out for Siddle (other than the pitch we decided to do it on, fmd that was dumb) but when he gets left out for Starc, Pattinson and Cutting then well it's a bit much to take. It's especially bad when he was actually ahead of them all a Test ago and he's only bowled 10 overs or so since then.
Agree with all that.

Maybe he just try bowling quicker.