• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Seems like the same PR people are writing for Inverarity who were in place for Hilditch.

It's more and more like the Hollowmen, ITBT.

Sylvester

State Captain
We are going to be leaking runs at a rate of knots unless the two new bowlers follow Cummins in taking wickets and staying economical.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
We are going to be leaking runs at a rate of knots unless the two new bowlers follow Cummins in taking wickets and staying economical.
Who do you think the opening bowlers will be?

I get the feeling that if Watson was fit Copeland had a better chance of playing. I don't think the selectors fancy Copeland's Test wicket taking ability in a 4 man attack. Could be wrong, just a hunch.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hahaha

Couple of things in Starc's favour, over Cutting
A) Footmarks for Lyon
B) Can use the new ball

If we play Siddle/Pattinson/Cutting we'll have to open the bowling with Siddle. Yuck!

that's about it really. cutting has everything else in his favour

Spikey

PROS AND CONS CHART

Mitchell Starc

Pros
- Footmarks for Lyon
- Can use the new ball
- Seems a nice enough guy

Cons
- Is Mitchell Starc

James Pattinson

Pros
- Is talented

Cons
- Has played like 8 FC games, no FC 5 wicket haul

Peter Siddle
- Runs in hard
- Big hearted
- Will bowl all day
- Has actually played test cricket

Cons
- Kinda sucks
- Because he Is Peter Siddle

Ben Cutting
I'll just let PEWS fill this out

Spikey

I was gonna put a lot of effort into that but I got to Pattinson and couldn't think of a pro outside of 'talented'

Ruckus

International Captain
Your forgot the con that Starc has an economy of 3.50, or perhaps that implied under "is Mitchell Starc".

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
James Pattinson

Pros
- his brother duped the stupid Poms into picking him for test cricket, while we waited for the more talented brother.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I'm talking about Tests.
So was I. :)

Had one Test on an absolute road, one where he bowled with a bung hamstring and he performed admirably in the other three, getting key wickets.

EDIT: His ability to get the best batsman out was vastly underated imo, both in his ODI and 5 Test Career.

Last edited:

Sylvester

State Captain
Who do you think the opening bowlers will be?

I get the feeling that if Watson was fit Copeland had a better chance of playing. I don't think the selectors fancy Copeland's Test wicket taking ability in a 4 man attack. Could be wrong, just a hunch.
Siddle and Pattinson looks to be a lock.

Probably right, just too many * going by Copeland's name. I'd say his test career is over unless he can gain some pace. With Hazlewood going solid that could be the final nail in the coffin as he is the same as Copeland but with more pace.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Siddle and Pattinson looks to be a lock.

Probably right, just too many * going by Copeland's name. I'd say his test career is over unless he can gain some pace. With Hazlewood going solid that could be the final nail in the coffin as he is the same as Copeland but with more pace.
I think it will be Siddle and Starc opening the bowling with Pattinson first change. I'm excited about the XI we've picked. Everyone apart from say Clarke has a big reason to perform or else they've get dropped when the injured quartet and maybe Johnson, get fit.

Spikey

Don't see any reason to get excited about the team. It's hardly beyond the realms of possibility for all four main bowlers to be out of the attack by summers end (Harris through injury that said). It's just we've actually picked something near our best bowling attack, instead of sticking with Siddle-Hilf-MJ-(x) which has made us excited

yeah well

Sylvester

State Captain
I think it will be Siddle and Starc opening the bowling with Pattinson first change. I'm excited about the XI we've picked. Everyone apart from say Clarke has a big reason to perform or else they've get dropped when the injured quartet and maybe Johnson, get fit.
The attack will be either a big hit or as I said leak runs at a rate of knots. Starc is a given for leaking runs, Pattinson has been leaking the current match (hoping it's the size of the ground and pitch) and we all know what Siddle does.