• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

adub

International Captain
Yeah I'd even take Starc ahead of Hilf. But ahead of Copeland just blows my mind. can't help but take it as a sign MJ is still in their plans....
Left armer = variation fixation.

I suppose it could equally be bowl an inordinate amount of 4-ball ****e = variation fixation, but I doubt they'd admit to that.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Normally I'm the one complaining about NSW selectorial bias, but if Starc gets a game ahead of Copes, I say we sack the new bunch of selectors and hire the NSW selection board.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that's overlooking the fact the NSW selection board often make similar, insane selections. I'm not as confident as adub when it comes to 'if NSW have Bollinger, Copeland, Cummins and Hazelwood available, Starc doesn't even make the 12.'......

Burgey

Malcolm Conn
#cricket #ausvnz The push for change is sweeping Australian cricket. Look for Pattinson, Starc and Cutting all to be named in the Test 12.

If that is the case then who did Copeland piss off as I don't get how he can go from frontline quick in SL to backup in SA to left right out.
Here we were thinking a new broom would sweep clean, yet the obsession with pace continues.

They'll give Copeland a test in Adelaide against India and use it as proof he isn't penetrative enough.

Lock it in.

Spikey

said it before and i'll say it again, PEWS, Spark and vic_oxthdox would be a better selection panel. boooo this obsession with baggygreens

adub

International Captain
that's overlooking the fact the NSW selection board often make similar, insane selections. I'm not as confident as adub when it comes to 'if NSW have Bollinger, Copeland, Cummins and Hazelwood available, Starc doesn't even make the 12.'......
Don't know about that. They have to go by requests from the National selectors at times (which is fair enough), but I doubt very much they'd see Starc ahead of any of the other four.

I'd love to know what other insane selections you're talking about? Most of the time we're gutted by national selections and injuries so you get guys a long way down the list getting games.

Spikey

Abbott to start the season off for one. All the times we've opened with D. Smith. For awhile we were playing the likes of that Smith and Aaron O'Brien at number 5. Our selectors are not very good. Coyte last season another one. Yeah we were smashed by injures...but you know Jackson Bird....We are often gutted by selections and injures, but we don't usually pick the correct replacements imo. I mean it took Copeland 4 seasons of killing grade and a ****load of those selections and injures to get a go. Got no doubt they'd currently pick Starc ahead of Haze.

ajdude

International Coach
Before this turns into the Australian Domestic Season thread, what time is the squad for the first test being announced?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
So 100 runs added for the loss of no wickets so far today, ominous signs for NZ's attack after a promising start for the bowlers yesterday
Seems like nothing in it for the bowlers. Getting 4 wickets yesterday probably raised expectations a little too high, methinks.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Starc isn't the worst option going around. I'm not certain he'll make it, but the selectors seem to love having some left handed variety in the lineup, which means he is the best available option unless you went for the James Faulkner but that wont happen.

The advantages for Starc is that his last shield match, List A match and his last ODI for Australia all happened to be at the Gabba where he performed superbly.

In the A match, I'm really happy for Cowan. 11 hundreds from 54 matches is a fair strike rate.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Haddin was very fortunate to buy some more time in the Test team. Crucial innings in the last game and the need to replace half our side means he will survive the New Zealand series. Wade is in red hot form at the moment.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Seems like nothing in it for the bowlers. Getting 4 wickets yesterday probably raised expectations a little too high, methinks.
A little disappointing we haven't nipped any out with the new ball. At least have kept the runs down though (or rather, by comparison we scored a lot more quickly).

Obs is a fairly flat pitch - around half the top-order wickets that have fallen from both teams seem to have been gifts as well - if you just want to stay in without taking risks I think it would be very hard for the bowlers.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Over 95.2: Southee to Cowan, no run, OUT, around the wicket now and delivers a perfect yorker! It was straight, it was fast and it beats Cowan. The end of a wonderful innings, AUS 5/322
That's better

adub

International Captain
In the A match, I'm really happy for Cowan. 11 hundreds from 54 matches is a fair strike rate.
Yeah it was a top knock from Ed and the conversion rate isn't bad at all. Even with NSW he scored some handy tons. It's just he also gets out for bugger all too often.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Over 96.4: Boult to Wade, no run, OUT, another yorker and it's another wicket! Wade this time, tried to flick it away and falls over in the process. The bails have fallen as well and Boult strikes. AUS 6/326
Another yorker and Boult gets his first wicket. Aus A probably on track for +/- 20 runs of us.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
W T F ??????

No Copeland, and we get Hilenhaus, and Starc. Seriously, up yours you knob head selectors. Seriously.

did i mention seriously????