• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Flem274*

123/5
TumTum, one month avatar bet. All Williamson has to do is score over 30.

To add some extra spice to it since you're so confident, put your dignity where your mouth is on the front foot cover drive. If Williamson plays just one cover drive off of the front foot, you lose your avatar for a week.

So are you a man or a hack?

TumTum

Banned
TumTum, one month avatar bet. All Williamson has to do is score over 30.

To add some extra spice to it since you're so confident, put your dignity where your mouth is on the front foot cover drive. If Williamson plays just one cover drive off of the front foot, you lose your avatar for a week.

So are you a man or a hack?
2 cover boundaries from the front foot, just in case he gets lucky, deal? :)

TumTum

Banned
ball not going to the boundary =/= not being able to cover drive.

What's the matter, I thought you were so confident he couldn't do it?
Nah what I said long time ago is that he has no power or timing on his cover drives. Ok make it 1 cover boundary then?

Flem274*

123/5
Nah what I said long time ago is that he has no power or timing on his cover drives. Ok make it 1 cover boundary then?
orly? Starting to change your tune slightly already I see. Interested to see the next stage of excuses itbt.

I accept. Especially since you didn't watch your language there and included all his cover drives, front and back foot.:)

TumTum

Banned
orly? Starting to change your tune slightly already I see. Interested to see the next stage of excuses itbt.

I accept. Especially since you didn't watch your language there and included all his cover drives, front and back foot.:)
Nah only front foot, i haven't said deal yet :p

Just to give you some encouragement, I have seen a scorecard on cricinfo recently where he did play a cover drive to the boundary, so...

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
i haven't said deal yet :p
True, you are very good at evading and backtracking.

One well timed front foot cover drive. Doesn't need to go to the boundary, all KW needs to do is prove he can do it. How ****y do you feel tonight?

Btw, Williamson has already pulled out the well timed front foot cover drive against Pakistan, so you really are screwed if you take this bet unless your <30 prediction comes off.

If I were you, I would be sticking to my <30 bet and saving the cover drive talk for those who have seen him play games where he didn't shelve his front foot strokes on purpose.

99*

International Debutant
You're mad Flem, Williamson can't drive to save himself.

He'll struggle to reach 30 as well.

Flem274*

123/5
Tell you what, I'll take the risk your lot will actually pitch it up enough for KW to send it to the boundary. Deal?:)

So basically, all you need to win this bet is a pace attack of Siddle, Johnson and Cutting.

Howsie

International Captain
Ah, so that would explain why Andy McKay was bowling full wide dross at Williamson for two days straight, he must of got the hot tip from TumTum.

Last edited:

TumTum

Banned
Tell you what, I'll take the risk your lot will actually pitch it up enough for KW to send it to the boundary. Deal?:)

So basically, all you need to win this bet is a pace attack of Siddle, Johnson and Cutting.
Let's sum up: Kane won't score >30 in any of the 4 Test innings, 1 month. Kane won't score 1 front foot cover boundary, 1 week.

Deal.