• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
When he gets out here I'll throw a chocolate eclair on the practice wicket. He'll go to snaffle it and twang his hammy again.
Hopefully Shane Watson and Ryan Harris see the ecclair first then.:p

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
How's Irfan Pathan doing btw? Heard he's been doing well but is he fully fit? I feel we should take him along as well. Just have a hunch he'll do decently.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
How's Irfan Pathan doing btw? Heard he's been doing well but is he fully fit? I feel we should take him along as well. Just have a hunch he'll do decently.
Have picked up 15 wickets so far in 3 matches so he is doing pretty good in domestic matches

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Is Aaron bowling a bit slow by his standards? He was consistently touching 145 kmph in the ODIs. At present, clearly Sharma is bowling faster.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He bowled well out here a couple of tours back, didn't he?
Well if he has done ok i'd expect him to be in the tour party. He is a perfect cricketer for Fletcher being a bowler who bats well and would be a very good number 8. If he has found form again he will be a real asset to India as his extra experience will help them enormously given they have Ishant, Zaheer and nothing but tried and tested failures or raw kids who could get destroyed in Australia.

Be interesting to see how he goes and whether he can still move the ball.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Indian spin has never looked so weak. Ojha isn't much of a spinner- just firing it in flat and fast, but no real turn. Once a batsman gets settled, expect lots of boundaries hit. He's way too young for Test cricket, and will struggle in Australia. Slow-and-low pitches with their fair share of cracks have helped him so far, but flatter, he's not much of a striker, and on those bouncy pitches, India need to think of alternative spin options. I'm not too optimistic about Ashwin either, as he's a risk-taking bowler (not so much like Mishra) but at least he can do a lot without the ball (capable Irfan Pathan replacement). Harbhajan has played a lot abroad and will know what's right in the game, but not these two.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Well if he has done ok i'd expect him to be in the tour party. He is a perfect cricketer for Fletcher being a bowler who bats well and would be a very good number 8. If he has found form again he will be a real asset to India as his extra experience will help them enormously given they have Ishant, Zaheer and nothing but tried and tested failures or raw kids who could get destroyed in Australia.

Be interesting to see how he goes and whether he can still move the ball.
I'd prefer to have him play a full season and win the trophy for Baroda. Then he'll warrant a place in the XI. Twice before, he's been in form in the beginning, only to be picked mid-season and benched while picked for India, only for that team to sink without him. Ashwin and Praveen are capable interim replacements.

Burgey

I'd prefer to have him play a full season and win the trophy for Baroda. Then he'll warrant a place in the XI. Twice before, he's been in form in the beginning, only to be picked mid-season and benched while picked for India, only for that team to sink without him. Ashwin and Praveen are capable interim replacements.
Praveen would be a given provided he's fit, wouldn't he?

flibbertyjibber

Ooops, forgot PK. Yeah him in the side, unless he has widdled on the chips and that is behind him being dropped.