• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Only him and Patel have really. Rest have been poor or the usual hit and miss.
Yup. The only other positive is KP getting somewhere near to what we expect from him. The rest of the batters have badly underachieved, apart from one good knock from Trott. Swann's been OK, iirc. It'll take a cool head to decide where to go from here. I hope they don't discard Bairstow after one poor series, given what he's shown he can do previously.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am sure winning the ashes again is important to Australia but winning a series in India in tests is one of the hardest things to achieve in sport Australia know that and that to them along with regaining the boarder gavaskar trophy would carry as much importance as regaining the ashes.
The Ashes is infinitely more important to most Australian supporters than a series against India.

Looks like we've got another "winning in India über alles" mythologist on board. You've have plenty of mates around here.

And Kohli - what a chump. Lolworthy.

Edit: just saw your username - that last comment was at the dismissal, not your ID :)

Kohli_fan

Banned
The Ashes is infinitely more important to most Australian supporters than a series against India.

Looks like we've got another "winning in India über alles" mythologist on board. You've have plenty of mates around here.

And Kohli - what a chump. Lolworthy.

Edit: just saw your username - that last comment was at the dismissal, not your ID :)
Lol that's fine thought it was great bowling from Finn to be fair Virat still a strong candidate for man of the series.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yet more village green fielding - says something about the attitude imo. And sure enough Raina says thanks very much and breaks the shackles.

flibbertyjibber

Got an actual game on here for a change. Will keep us interested for another 50 overs or so at least unlike most of the rest of the series.:laugh:

flibbertyjibber

Can't believe i actually care about this match today in a dead series, probably due to sole fact that we now have a near 3 month wait till we are in action again. The rest of the series i have been a take it or leave it atitiude with other stuff taking priority but knowing it is so long till we play again must be getting to me today.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Just got back, couple of thoughts:

> That's ****in' out.

> This is usually the point where we go from competing pretty well to panicking as Dhoni takes it away from us. Change would be nice.

> I know it might blow his public school mind, but Cook needs to think about how he uses Finn and not use him automatically in the powerplay. You know he's gets a ton of edges down to third man, so bowl him when he's got some boundary cover.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Can't believe i actually care about this match today in a dead series, probably due to sole fact that we now have a near 3 month wait till we are in action again. The rest of the series i have been a take it or leave it atitiude with other stuff taking priority but knowing it is so long till we play again must be getting to me today.
Surely there's a bit of pride on the line about not being beaten 5-0 as well. No matter how "unimportant" a series is, no-one wants to see their team get whitewashed.

flibbertyjibber

Surely there's a bit of pride on the line about not being beaten 5-0 as well. No matter how "unimportant" a series is, no-one wants to see their team get whitewashed.
If it was a test series certainly, only a one day series though so will soon be forgotten by me whether it is 5-0 or 4-1 anyway.

Put it this way the 5-0 ashes and the Blackwash in 84 still bring back bad memories. Don't care about the gubbings Australia gave us in the one day series after last 2 ashes as we won main prize. Similarly winning the one day final against you in 07 matters not a jot as we got crushed in the main event.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja surprisingly attacking at this stage. And wow, Meaker and Bresnan only have 5 overs left, weird distribution by Cook.