• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't understand how this could possibly be a revenge series when the two chief orchestrators of 4-0 - Broad and Anderson - aren't playing.

No more than the 6-1 thrashings we dealt England post-the-last-two-Ashes was a "revenge" series (which of course it wasn't).

EDIT: Christ. How much sleep have I missed over the last week? Angerson... wow.
The ones who are saying this is revenge are saying this is revenge for the ODI leg of our tour to England this summer... Strange why you would confuse it with tests when everyone has made it pretty clear that it is not...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Because it's hardly revenge when no-one cares.
Define no one.. I count quite a few posters who do care about this..

Sometimes, perspective helps.. The no. of posts on this thread is pretty decent, which would indicate that some people do care. Granted, I think this series is pointless as much as you do, as the fact that England suck in SC conditions in ODIs and that India are good here is not news to me, but for the people who do care, they think it is revenge for the ODI leg of India's tour of England and I just fail to see why anyone would think it is wrong or have a problem with it.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really, if we had picked exactly the same squad that failed in the world cup that would be sitting back. Instead we have blooded a few new players and rested some senior ones who have been on the go a long time with English summer, ashes, world cup and then English summer meaning they have had a lot of cricket with little break.

Ok the new guys have failed but until they play you don't know about them.
Precisely why this isn't an unimportant series technically, but the results are what is unimportant.

2. In what way were India "injury hit" during the Test series?
Eh? I don't think we'd have won or something if our injured players were playing, because England were simply better, but you can't deny the obvious injury issues we faced, granted some like Zaheer's may have been due to a lack of commitment on his part. Don't agree with the post you quoted obviously, that was a terrible post. Comparing results from 20 years ago is pretty meaningless.

Last edited:

Kohli_fan

Banned
Because it's hardly revenge when no-one cares.
I am pretty sure that had England been winning this ODI series which I know was never on the cards, then the English fans and media would have been bleeting about.

1, How much better England are than India.

2 How England are a decent ODI side now

3 How Englands preparation for the next world cup has started on a strong note.

It is a tad convienant just to say no one cares about the series, when you are getting your ass served to you on a platter

sreeku7

School Boy/Girl Captain
Worst post.

QUOTE=abmk;2679043]agreed, that was a cr*p post from that guy ..

Aus weren't depleted, but India did lose zaheer due to injury , sehwag and gambhir were affected by injuries as well ... Anyways England were by far the better side and deserved to win the series.
Got the reaction I was expecting because truth is always bitter.However,my point was that there is a difference between the No.1 team and the team ranked first in the ranking.England do not belong to the former category at present. A fully fit Indian team is a better Test side than England even now in spite of the recent drubbing,but was not the No.1 team even when it was ranked first.That was why I said Neither of these teams deserve to be the No.1 team at present
(Some of the media,commentators and columnists are creating confusion by referring to the the top ranked team as the No.1 Team)
Probably, the forthcoming series between SA vs Aus,Eng vs Pak,Eng vs SL and Ind vs Aus will decide the No.1 Team

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
India's ODI supremacy is no doubt established, but they have a lot to cover when it comes to T20Is. That's still an achilles heel, and the sooner they fix it, the better. Batting is all right (Uthappa, Rahane, Kohli, Raina, Dhoni, Yusuf, Tiwary) but bowling (only Ashwin, Aravind and Rahul Sharma are top T20 bowlers) is a concern, as finding a fourth (forget fifth) bowler hasn't been simple. Hang on, these people don't even watch domestic T20s! Plenty of bowling options outside the top eight.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its funny how the English care about a one-day series only when they are winning. :blink:
England were the better side in England. And India as usual pretty strong at their home.
Didn't really care about the one day series in England to be fair, just found it funny that India went the full tour without a win.

Howe_zat

Audio File

If we'd beaten India in India, those two points would be true, so why wouldn't they?

Still wouldn't mean anyone particularly cares about an ODI series where all the best players on both sides aren't playing, and Eden Gardens is struggling to get 1/10th full.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am pretty sure that had England been winning this ODI series which I know was never on the cards, then the English fans and media would have been bleeting about.

1, How much better England are than India.

It is a tad convienant just to say no one cares about the series, when you are getting your ass served to you on a platter
1. England are much better than India. One of the most one-sided whitewashes you could ever imagine. It's up to India to prove otherwise by winning some proper cricket against England.

2. England are a decent ODI side, but they're very inconsistent and happen to be weak in these conditions.

3. That actually depends more on performances than results. It's also about learning. England might have finally cottoned on that Dernbach is a ****e option. Finn is a good one. Hell they may even finally dump the perennially useless Ravi Bopara and Kieswetter can go back and work on being less crap. Bresnan also needs to step it up, he's not threatening enough.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Its funny how the English care about a one-day series only when they are winning. :blink:
Haha true.:p
Can't claim that the series in England counted despite the Rain, D'L, Toss etc... and Injuries but this doesn't.

Though you can make out even from the reactions, behavior etc.. the players involved care and are committed fully.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket loser in today’s Eden ODI, only 5,758 tickets sold

Must be the record lowest attendance for an India ODI.
I guess that should largely be down to Diwali being tomorrow(and the series being over and one sided) and Kolkatta isn't getting as much crowds in any case these days as they used to, for some reason which is sad.

Still couldn't get tickets to the Delhi ODI, on the second last and last day at any decent prices.:down:

Last edited:

Kohli_fan

Banned
If we'd beaten India in India, those two points would be true, so why wouldn't they?

Still wouldn't mean anyone particularly cares about an ODI series where all the best players on both sides aren't playing, and Eden Gardens is struggling to get 1/10th full.
Of course! England would have had a right to say that if it had happened because beating the world champions in their backyard would be a big achievement but the fact that it would have been a noteworthy achievement from which such judgements can be made, means it cannot then be regarded as a meanigless series!

Kohli_fan

Banned
1. England are much better than India. One of the most one-sided whitewashes you could ever imagine. It's up to India to prove otherwise by winning some proper cricket against England.

2. England are a decent ODI side, but they're very inconsistent and happen to be weak in these conditions.

3. That actually depends more on performances than results. It's also about learning. England might have finally cottoned on that Dernbach is a ****e option. Finn is a good one. Hell they may even finally dump the perennially useless Ravi Bopara and Kieswetter can go back and work on being less crap. Bresnan also needs to step it up, he's not threatening enough.
England were better than India when we toured and deserved to win! but they are not a better ODI side, and have not proved that they are a better Test Side than us outside England! They will have to try and beat us next year to do that, and that will be a tall order for them.

England have decent ODI results at home but struggle abroad.

I think you missed Morgan big time also Bopara always feels liek he is playing for his place but he is an outstanding player, Finn looks to have some pace time will tell if he actually converts his promise or just fades a bit like Harmison did.