• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India

Spark

Global Moderator
Would be decently confident of beating England in a test series, even if started tomorrow with both teams at full
strength tbh. Especially, if it is atleast 4/5 matches and not the 2 match series which are the only ones we have drawn even, in the last 6/7 years at home.
That's fair. That's also not hubris :p

Kohli_fan

Banned
Bet is simple. India wins, you keep an avatar of my choice for a month. England wins, I keep an avatar of your choice for the same time. Drawn series - no avatar change
That is not much of a bet! that mean GB will be having a new Avatar after the Test Series in India!

What have you chosen for him?

Jacknife

International Captain
What is so funny? When is the last time England won a Test Series in India in our conditions? There you go not so funny now is it buddy?
Laughing at your arrogance buddy, how you think it's somehow a foregone conclusion that you'd win and what happened in the past has got little relevance mate, still laughing buddy.

Kohli_fan

Banned
Laughing at your arrogance buddy, how you think it's somehow a foregone conclusion that you'd win and what happened in the past has got little relevance mate, still laughing buddy.
England played very well this summer and they fully deserved their victory! But at home we are a different proposition! If we play to our potential I don't see what England bring to the table that can make them effective in a Test match in India!

ODIS we all knew we were favourite but some including English commentators like Bumble thought you would win 5-0! as he said he got the right prediction but the wrong team :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Avatar bets are about the only way of making these ODI series meaningful.

I find it pretty hilarious people can say T20Is are meaningless as a comparison to ODIs which aren't. You regularly see players rested from ODIs, and not just the last two years but for a decade or more. I'd have thought Indian fans would know this as they're one of the main teams that do it. Australia regularly rotated the odd player when they were dominant.

Test cricket this rarely happens, resting players is only a recent occurrence with very weak sides. It would be unthinkable for England to rest someone against India in a Test match and vice versa. ODIs and T20s are about building to a World Cup. A Test series is a big event in its own right.

Kohli_fan

Banned

I find it pretty hilarious people can say T20Is are meaningless as a comparison to ODIs which aren't. You regularly see players rested from ODIs, and not just the last two years but for a decade or more. I'd have thought Indian fans would know this as they're one of the main teams that do it. Australia regularly rotated the odd player when they were dominant.

Test cricket this rarely happens, resting players is only a recent occurrence with very weak sides. It would be unthinkable for England to rest someone against India in a Test match and vice versa. ODIs and T20s are about building to a World Cup. A Test series is a big event in its own right.
Rubbish! 50 overs is a real test of skill and determination Twenty20 is a lottery that should only be played as domestic level!

Holland beat England in Twenty20 and Zimbabwe beat Australia those results would never happen in 50 overs cricket because it takes a lot more than one glorified slogger coming off to win a game for your country in an ODI!

Cruxdude

International Debutant
If random ODIs are as meaningless as some people are making it out to be, cricket would have died a long time back.

ganeshran

International Debutant

Your logic doesnt make any sense. Resting of players is not a barometer to guage the importance of a format. I dont know when it ever was.

The phrase "purpose/importance of a format" itself is quite abstract and is open to interpretation about the factors used to arrive at its value.