• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Zimbabwe

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Na it isn't the worst idea testing these bowlers a bit before the Test series. The more overs Aldo, McKay and Bracewell get when the match isn't already over is for the best.
He'd still be able to test the bowlers batting first

Zinzan

Lol, again Zim playing teeny-bopping music in the background. They must assume the audience is primarily 12 year old girls :p

Athlai

Not Terrible
He'd still be able to test the bowlers batting first
If we score 300+ there would be hardly any pressure unless the Zimbabwean openers miraculously set them up nicely. I just can't see it happening.

If they get on top of us now we're under pressure.

Zinzan

^ Nah, there's no good reason not batting first today, at the very least for my entertainment alone :p

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
Lol, again Zim playing teeny-bopping music in the background. They must assume the audience is primarily 12 year old girls :p
One of the many reasons why I hate watching Zim matches live. They even do this in Tests after every over, boundary and wicket as if it's a bloody Pro20 match.

_Ed_

Commentator: "Bizarre field placing there"

Just after that same field placing prevented a four. Strange comment.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Doug reminds me of Southee two years ago - needs more experience.

I wish he could get picked up by a county team.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Question for y'all

Bracewell bowled many dot balls outside off stump that were let go - should he have bowled straighter.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
In ODIs it's not much of an issue, if the batsman aren't scoring bowling first then you're doing the job well enough. It's not like he was bowling hideously wide anyway, just a touch outside off, where an outswing bowler should be aiming.