• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Zimbabwe

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I saw him bowl against Windies - at Queenstown. Windies were scoring freely against our other bowlers incuding Mark Gillespie - and couldn't touch Oram.

I was surprised, live, how much bounce he gets.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Even though we are calling Zimbos a minnow if they can get to 200 that is two respectable scores in a row. Far better than Bangers were 3 or 4 years ago.

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
Hmm Cricinfo have Meth's playing role as 'batsman' - maybe that's why it took a while for him to get picked.
They got it wrong, he's a bowler who can bat a bit, and I really mean a bit.
I guess he's been excluded because he's not express pace, but then Chickenboora playing in the allrounder's slot isn't either and to top it up poor Elton can't hold a bat these days.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They got it wrong, he's a bowler who can bat a bit, and I really mean a bit.
I guess he's been excluded because he's not express pace, but then Chickenboora playing in the allrounder's slot isn't either and to top it up poor Elton can't hold a bat these days.
Yea it seems to be like Mpofu is holding Zimbabwe back a bit too. He seems to be a fixture in the side but never actually does anything, you know what you'll get and it's consistent sub-mediocrity without being total garbage.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Oh good, are we meth-punning over here?

I'm surprised the Zimbabweans can still go on tour. Imagine how difficult it is to get 80kg of Meth through customs.