• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I trust Lancashire will take every precaution to prevent water damage to our pennant over the next 12 months.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We have not wasted any time then, De Wet and Myburgh both gone, bit of a shame about the latter but agree with the direction we are going in.

Delighted with Katich, really wanted us to get him in and as captain ideally, they have not gone for that option but still very happy.

Pothas been brilliant for us, must say I thought he would retire at the end of the season but not really sure why we have released him if he is not.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Myburgh must be gutted. He gave up an international career with NZ for this. Talk is he will go back to South Africa now. de Wet could be finished as I believe he doesn't even have a domestic franchise contract for the forthcoming season.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Myburgh must be gutted. He gave up an international career with NZ for this. Talk is he will go back to South Africa now. de Wet could be finished as I believe he doesn't even have a domestic franchise contract for the forthcoming season.
So what's gone wrong with him? Didn't he bowl pretty well against England a couple of winters ago?

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Somerset have lost all their big hitters at the top. I think a Buttler special is needed if they're not gonna finish second again.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Really strange attack from Surrey, looks very T20 with four spinners. Doing the business so far I guess, but there's been some poor dismissals.

Would like Somerset to win but I'd love to see Davies get the runs if Surrey were to win it.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow another terrible shot. I'm not sure I've ever seen Hildreth perform in a big, pressure situation.

Makes sense to put Suppiah in at this point.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Suppiah gone without even 100 on the board, looks like Surrey's game now, unless Buttler can produce something seriously special.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Buttler showing he can rotate the strike and push the ball around as well as pummel it for boundaries. This innings has just been a procession of bad shots, Surrey should be thanking the Somerset top order no end.

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
Must feel like a recurring nightmare for Somerset.

Can Buttler do something extraordinary here? It's their only chance really.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Come on Jos, just starting to bubble now. He has to get a go in our ODI side, surely, seems to perform every single match and as a finisher, which we always lack.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Hales
Stokes
Taylor
Bairstow
Buttler

Can these 5 lads, the first real young generation of T20 produced players, fire England to ODI and T20 glory?

These lads have had to learn to score quickly, hit boundaries and be multi-dimensional, right from the start of their careers. They could be our great hopes!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Come on Jos, just starting to bubble now. He has to get a go in our ODI side, surely, seems to perform every single match and as a finisher, which we always lack.
Cripes, I've just seen that Buttler averages 75 in these games :-O

EDIT
8 down - presumably he'll look to cut loose now before he's out of partners

Last edited:

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Love a bit of arrogance myself.

Dernbach knows he's one of the best death men around and he's showing it here.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Cripes, I've just seen that Buttler averages 75 in these games :-O

EDIT
8 down - presumably he'll look to cut loose now before he's out of partners
Remarkable really. And the not outs only show how he stays all the way - coupled with the strike rate of 145 he is seriously dangerous.

Needs to go some these last 3 overs mind.