• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Bairstow and Buttler's emergence, Kieswetter being a T20 World Champion and Prior's sensational Test form have all but ended his International career.

It would take a huge number of injuries for Davies to play again. Partly his fault, partly the selectors. He should have played 100 ODIs at least!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Roy needs to play natural game here but there isn't much left. Only have faith in Maynard and de Bruyn. But if Roy is still batting after 15 overs, then the game is over.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Reckon de Bruyn will be vital in this chase, Surrey have had success setting totals rather than chasing them and this situation calls for a 70 off 80 balls.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Roy needs to play natural game here but there isn't much left. Only have faith in Maynard and de Bruyn. But if Roy is still batting after 15 overs, then the game is over.
Yes, Surrey rely heavily on their top 5. Another couple of wickets and Somerset are right back in this.

EDIT
And Roy has gone to the last ball before they come off for rain. Soft dismissal tbh.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
That is exactly what I expected. Get de Bruyn in there to calm things down and the other guys can do what they've been doing all season at the other end - two guys slogging wildly at both ends isn't necessary when you're chasing that total.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
**** me, if Somerset can miraculously win this then they have Buttler to thank entirely. Don't bother with the gloves when you can field like that.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Does Hamilton-Brown only score runs when I watch the game? I've watched Surrey 3 or 4 times on TV over the last couple of years in the CB40 and on every single occasion he's scored good runs - yet his career List A stats are garbage.

Other thing I've found slightly interesting is looking at a couple of the younger "T20 generation" players' cricinfo pages - Hamilton-Brown, Buttler and Bairstow all have almost identical T20 and List A career strike rates.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
What exactly happened with RHB's runout? Cricinfo simply refer to De Bruyn defending the ball back to the bowler, and RHB being run out.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
de Bruyn tapped it to the leg side and RHB was halfway down the pitch backing up, obviously looking for a quick single, but the ball went straight to Buttler who threw the stumps down before RHB could recover his ground. Communication looked a bit poor tbh.