• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I think today will be Haddin's day and I have a feeling in my waters that the right combination of stars are in alignment for Johnson to have a good day so we could see him chipping in with a 50. 450+ for mine. (throw stones when we collapse in a heap for 270)
Yeah thanks we are stuffed now. Haddin out first ball of the day, Johnson will be terrorising the square leg umpire with erratic deliveries.....

adub

International Captain
Yeah thanks we are stuffed now. Haddin out first ball of the day, Johnson will be terrorising the square leg umpire with erratic deliveries.....
Ha, not all my predictions go 180 degrees. I was sure our new bowling unit would perform with Harris being the leader, predicted Clarke would prove to be a huge improvement on Ponting as a captain in the field, and predicted we'd do no worse than draw this series so sometimes I get it right. :laugh:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I always for some reason think that the batting team is doing well if they are 4/234, so at 5/235 it's definitely pretty even.

Sri Lanka's decision to play Eranga was a good move, I called for his inclusion at the start of the tour, he certainly looked reasonable. I really don't rate Welegedera - Okay new ball bowler, but doesn't do anything after that, I would be dropping him and playing the 2 young quicks next time SL decide to play 2 spinners.

I was really disappointed with Ponting's dismissal again, I kind of jinxed him as I started having thoughts of him reaching 3 figures for the first time when he reached 48, a couple balls later, gone. :(

Clarke is a huge worry, he just looks really nervous at the crease against the quicks.

Moving forward, unless Hughes makes a sizable contribution in the second dig, he has to go. Usman to open and I would shift Punter down to 6. The only possible saving grace for Hughes would be the fact that he's performed well in South Africa.

Khawaja Watson Marsh Clarke Hussey Ponting.

As for today's play, I'm hoping that we get to around 375 all out, and we get in say 7 or 8 overs before tea at the inexperienced openers.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I always for some reason think that the batting team is doing well if they are 4/234, so at 5/235 it's definitely pretty even.

Sri Lanka's decision to play Eranga was a good move, I called for his inclusion at the start of the tour, he certainly looked reasonable. I really don't rate Welegedera - Okay new ball bowler, but doesn't do anything after that, I would be dropping him and playing the 2 young quicks next time SL decide to play 2 spinners.

I was really disappointed with Ponting's dismissal again, I kind of jinxed him as I started having thoughts of him reaching 3 figures for the first time when he reached 48, a couple balls later, gone. :(

Clarke is a huge worry, he just looks really nervous at the crease against the quicks.

Moving forward, unless Hughes makes a sizable contribution in the second dig, he has to go. Usman to open and I would shift Punter down to 6. The only possible saving grace for Hughes would be the fact that he's performed well in South Africa.

Khawaja Watson Marsh Clarke Hussey Ponting.

As for today's play, I'm hoping that we get to around 375 all out, and we get in say 7 or 8 overs before tea at the inexperienced openers.
i'd go with this line-up

usman
marsh
ponting
hussey
clarke
watson

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Yeah I think its time for Watson to move down. We really need at least ONE opener who can bat out 20 overs AT LEAST consistently, i don't trust either of them at the moment to last 10 overs. Usman and Marsh would be a great option at the top. Watson for me is a #4 at the highest.

joker4life

Cricket Spectator
Before the tour.. I thought Aus would lose this and their bowlers would struggle big time.. but it is totally the opposite... i wonder why.. I didn't think SL's batting was as fragile as the Aussie bowlers are making it look like specially in their home condition..

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Before the tour.. I thought Aus would lose this and their bowlers would struggle big time.. but it is totally the opposite... i wonder why.. I didn't think SL's batting was as fragile as the Aussie bowlers are making it look like specially in their home condition..
thats thanks to good disciplined fast bowling by aus.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Good morning, guys!

Would have loved to see Eranga share the new ball with Lakmal, tbh. Cannot be much worse than the left-armer. Wela looks more suited to reversing the old ball.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
"Can't believe some of the comments regarding Marsh after two faultless innings. Comments about his first class record are not on the mark as his last 3 years have been very good averging 50+. Don't forget that Mike Hussey actually has a very poor record in Aust first class cricket (around 35) with his averaging being brought up by stints in England where he averages about 75. Marsh is a far better player than his first 5 years in first class cricket."
hmmm

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Wise after the event tbh

Shot Hussey.
I'd have at least 4 (if not 5) in the cordon against Haddin in particular. Beginning of the day and having the new ball are reasons enough.

In general, both these guys have been a bit too short today. On such a good batting track, the last thing you'd want to see is an edge flying through a non-existent 2nd/3rd slip.

Last edited: