• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think that's a first I've seen, and it's a bloody good idea.

For too long lunch has been some immovable feast, and you'd get a delayed start, 30-45 minutes of play in a morning, then off for lunch. Then at day's end - off for bad light or such.

It may be this is something which has been done before, but I can't recall seeing it. Excellent development imo.
i've never really understood why in this day lunch has to be 40 minutes.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, that's a nice shot from Ponting, for no runs.

Or should I say Ricky? There seems a move, probably becuase of Cricinfo ball-by-ball, to always refer to players by their first name.

Spark

Global Moderator
How did Eranga look?
Got a wicket but otherwise bowled a bit too wide, mostly. Certainly didn't make them play enough.

---

Good to go in two down, but we need to make it count now. This pitch is rapidly turning into a road.

EDIT: Or it could just bucket down instead. Sigh.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
how could SL leave Thilan out he's one of the three heads of the Bradman god which they usually play at SSC.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Whose the third seamer for SA these days? They'd have Steyn, Morkel and Tahir + ???. Haven't seen much of Tahir either, what's he like, cause he has an absurdly good record on paper at least...
He's played a lot of County Cricket over recent years and although he's had a good record it's been far from the dominating record you'd expect. Definitely still a big question mark over him for me.