• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Jayzamann

International Regular
cricinfo said:
Ben: "Ok, well once again watto caught at point in a test, this has to be where he gets out most? I recently remember 2nd innings of galle, Adelaide ashes, caught by Pieterson... seems to me like he needs to stop playing that shot, he just can't keep them wide one's down with the cut, going after them way too hard... Maybe he thinks the harder he hits it, the more chance the fielder will drop??"
I was standing at point when that happened. Absolutely dire, considering how he had just made it to lunch after that onslaught.

Riggins

International Captain
I wasn't in the best state of mind but definitely thought that was caught at the finer of 2 gullys?? Same shot he always goes to though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ricky has the fall-overs today, timing a bit out.

Good first up effort here from SL with the ball.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Even though Watson got out to a naff delivery, he was going to get out doing that at some point. And Hughes isn't exactly on top of his game. The rest of this mornings deliveries haven't been all that lethal. /optimism

Burgey

He's missed that by quite some margin it seems.

SL famously breaking the "Don't refer Dar" Rule here

Spark

Global Moderator
Yep.

---

Not the most fascinating cricket atm. SL bowling quite wide and the bats having nothing to do with it.

Burgey

I think that's a first I've seen, and it's a bloody good idea.

For too long lunch has been some immovable feast, and you'd get a delayed start, 30-45 minutes of play in a morning, then off for lunch. Then at day's end - off for bad light or such.

It may be this is something which has been done before, but I can't recall seeing it. Excellent development imo.