• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Perhaps the slow outfield has influenced him

Any news on the batting line up for our blokes?

Spark

Global Moderator
Hope Marsh really does fire at 3, and everyone does what they should now they're batting in position. A middle order of Ponting/Clarke/Hussey in form is the stuff of dreams.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Good call from Clarke. Already showing he's able to be more flexible and progressive with selections than Ponting ever was. Not dead-keen on Marsh at 3 when we go to South Africa, but I like the look of Ponting, Clarke and Hussey batting one lower.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Good call from Clarke. Already showing he's able to be more flexible and progressive with selections than Ponting ever was. Not dead-keen on Marsh at 3 when we go to South Africa, but I like the look of Ponting, Clarke and Hussey batting one lower.
Indeed. It's pretty exciting. *sigh* off to work soon though

Spark

Global Moderator
Herath playing? I understand Mendis is still injured?
Yep.

---

How about I just post the XIs?

Hughes, Watson, Marsh, Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, Haddin, Johnson, Siddle, Copeland, Lyon

Paranavitana, Thirimanne, Sanga, Mahela, Dilshan, Prasanna, Mathews, Herath, Eranga, Lakmal, Welegedara

Riggins

International Captain
Oh Samaraweera got dropped. I guess I'm suprised, admittedly I do not follow SL very closely at all.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Was hoping Samaraweera was at least given the chance to get the average below 50 before Sri Lanka ditched him. Sigh. Can't see Dilshan staying too long at 5. He has to open in South Africa or Kumar and Mahela will most likely be in before the first 5 overs are completed. And while that's been the case for the most of this series Dilshan has been a very good opener for Sri Lanka.