• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep.

---

How about I just post the XIs?

Hughes, Watson, Marsh, Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, Haddin, Johnson, Siddle, Copeland, Lyon

Paranavitana, Thirimanne, Sanga, Mahela, Dilshan, Prasanna, Mathews, Herath, Eranga, Lakmal, Welegedara
Better. Thank you.

adub

International Captain
Hope Marsh really does fire at 3, and everyone does what they should now they're batting in position. A middle order of Ponting/Clarke/Hussey in form is the stuff of dreams.
Good work from Clarke to make this call, just a bit unlucky for Uzi that it came two tests too late but 4-6 seems much more like what I think it should be.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I have no idea how their selection policies work, but if he is anywhere as good as his record suggests I'm not complaining!! Imagine an attack of Steyn, Morkel, Tahir + some other gun quick...We'd have nothing.
He isn’t quick though. Slower than a 35 year old Kallis. Probably South Africa’s answer to Andrew McDonald though McDonald is an infinitely better batsman than Pro and not overweight. Despite the 19 bowling average, if he played test cricket for South Africa, no doubt he would be asked to hold an end up while the trio you mention go looking for wickets. I would go with him for the Australian series, or even Ryan McLaren, now that Tahir is in the mix.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not if the rest of the attack has reasonable sized hearts, but obviously with MJ ohyeahIwentthere