• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to Lanky. Worthy winners.

Great efforts from Carbs and McKenzie with the jig up for Hants on the survival front. Did themselves proud.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Congratulations to our friends in the north. Been a long time coming! Really pleased for you all actually, most particularly the heroic and long-suffering fredfertang.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Unbelievable last day. Have to say both ourselves and Warwickshire were unfancied teams at the start of the season, so a brilliant effort from both. I think if we hadn't taken the title this year it would have been a few years before we even looked like getting close again. I think Keedy and Chapple especially deserved it.

Fair play to Hants and Somerset they both put in fantastic efforts in the last game as well.

On the face of it, Lancs winning the title, doing the double over Yorkshire and seeing them relegated would seem like a perfect season, but slightly sad that the only games we get against them will be the hit and giggle ones, they have the right idea on home grown talent as well.

Think I will be supporting Somerset on saturday now

cpr

International Coach
As an England/Lancashire fan my timing into Cricket has been incredibly lucky. The first series I followed was the 2005 Ashes (which England won after 18 years of loss and was what most people describe as the best series ever) and the first County Championship I followed was this one which Lancashire won for the first time in Queen Elizabeth II's reign.

Best of all, Yorkshire are relegated:ph34r:
Haha, yes indeed.

Been lucky myself in following cricket since the mid 90's, do I've seen the one day success too. Fell in Love with Glenn when he destroyed Essex in the Nat West final and never waivered since (well, part from Mr Schofield)

Such a good day though. Was trying to follow what was going on at work, was a struggle keeping up

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Also Chapple must be a shoe-in to be one of Wisdens 5 cricketers of the year, not even sure there are many candidates at all from the summer international cricket...Tim Bresnan I guess, pretty much all the other England players have already been nominated...the only Indian without a nom who is a chance would be Kumar you'd think

Any other noms?

James Taylor has the 2nd most FC and 2nd most List A runs, so he could be a good shout.

Given the ejaculation over him I wouldn't be surprised if they plump for Dernbach

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
At a guess Cook, Bresnan, Tremlett, Chapple and Sangakkara. Surprising that the first and last have been passed over till now.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations Lancashire, very much deserved. Obviously got us to thank though, losts twice against Lancs and beat Durham and Warwickshire all before todays draw.

turnstyle

First Class Debutant
Watched most of the 4 days at work. So so good to see FC cricket on tv. Much more interesting than the hyped test series before it. Reminded me of district grand finals weekend with everything hinging on results from other grounds.

Congrats to Lancs *cough*. Let's not let that happen again.