• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like we will need about 180 in the last session. With 10 wickets in hand at Taunton you'd have to say we should do it unless we choke. Even if Somerset are on a go slow we should get about 26/27 overs as they have to bowl a certain amount in the last hour.

Reckon Hampshire might declare and give Warks a gettable target though
Nah thats never going to happen, have no reason to and Ervine and Mckenzie were showing no intent to score runs before tea.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From what I've heard it sounds as if Somersert are determined to only bowl the minimum; however the long spells bowled earlier by Keedy and Kerrigan ought to make that impossible.

I wonder what we'd consider safety for Hampshire - 300, perhaps? Depends how many overs are left by then, of course.
They will only bowl the minimum. Easy to waste time changing the field every ball etc...

Might not be a good way to go about it but it is what every side would do under the circumstances.

stumpski

International Captain
They will only bowl the minimum. Easy to waste time changing the field every ball etc...

Might not be a good way to go about it but it is what every side would do under the circumstances.
That would mean only bowling seven or eight overs in the next hour, which the umpires hopefully will stamp on. Someret deserve to lose if they do that, it's not as if there's that much for them to play for.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That would mean only bowling seven or eight overs in the next hour, which the umpires hopefully will stamp on. Someret deserve to lose if they do that, it's not as if there's that much for them to play for.
Denying Lancashire a possible first title for 87 years by being.****s would probably come back to haunt them as well, would be pretty stupid.

stumpski

International Captain
I can't see how it would, except for causing bad feeling between the clubs, and maybe having other sides do the same to them next season.

Hopefully Lancs will knock these off and it won't be an issue. Moore hits another 6. If they can get it down to 6 an over they'll be quite happy to see everyone back on the fence.

stumpski

International Captain
It will be interesting to see what Sky do if they shake hands at the Rose Bowl at 5 p.m. They obviously have a camera at the other game, but no commentary team.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It will be interesting to see what Sky do if they shake hands at the Rose Bowl at 5 p.m. They obviously have a camera at the other game, but no commentary team.
Commentary team at the Rose Bowl could just call the other game off the screen, surely.

stumpski

International Captain
Well yes, and we'd be able to see for ourselves what's happening, but the camera isn't where it usually is, behind the umpire. Anyway Willis has said they'll be going there shortly.

stumpski

International Captain
Can't be more than an over or two left at the Rose Bowl ... it would be 12 an over if they started the chase now.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How would it come back to haunt them?
Argh, typo. Meant to say "could come back to haunt them."

If they deliberately went slow to try and avoid defeat, then if Somerset were in the same sort of position Warwickshire are currently in against Hampshire then I certainly wouldn't be giving them a declaration if I were Lancashire. I'm not saying Somerset should offer up free runs or anything but there's an enormous difference between Somerset playing normally and Somerset going slow and being ****s.